How to Reheat Tater Tot Casserole
Tater tot casserole is a delicious meal when prepared correctly. I love this dish because it is easy and quick to make. If you are sitting there wondering how to reheat this food, you have come to the right place. I will give detailed instructions on how to warm up your leftovers so you can enjoy them.
Tater tots are quite unappealing when cold, but you can easily make them palatable through various mediums. You can reheat tater tot casserole in the oven, skillet, microwave, and air fryer. The microwave method works well, yet it is the least recommendable because it does not give the food a crispy texture.
In order to achieve the best results, frozen tater tot casserole should be removed from the fridge at least an hour earlier before reheating. I will let you in on some of my secrets to maintain the food’s crispiness.
How to Reheat Tater Tot Casserole in the Oven
The oven method is standard and highly appraised when reheating tater tots. It isn’t a quick method, so you shouldn’t consider it when you are in haste. However, if you desire to achieve a crispy golden brown outcome, you wouldn’t mind. To reheat leftover tot casserole in a conventional/toaster oven:
- Thaw the food for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an oven-safe tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the tater tot casserole in the tray and loosely cover it with foil.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or till they turn crispy.
- Remove the food from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to Reheat Tater Tot Casserole in the Skillet
The skillet method is perfect for reheating tater tots though it might be tricky for a casserole. Even so, it is doable. This medium is promising but risky as it may result in sogginess. Here are the steps for the pan-frying method:
- Defrost the Tater tot casserole if it is frozen.
- Place a sizable skillet on the stove and preheat it on medium heat. You can add a little water or olive oil to the pan to prevent the food from drying up.
- Depending on the size of your casserole, carefully place it in the skillet and warm it for a minute before flipping it.
- When ready, let the food cool before serving.
How to Reheat Tater Tot Casserole in the Microwave
This method is highly unfitting for potato foods. The food will never attain its original texture and flavor, no matter how careful you are. However, if you are in a hurry and wouldn’t mind eating mushy food, then you can opt for this method.
- Place thawed casserole in a microwave-safe dish and cover with parchment paper or dampened paper towels.
- Place the food in the microwave and reheat in 30 seconds increments until it is well-warmed.
- Your food should be ready to serve.
How to Reheat Tater Tot Casserole in the Air Fryer
The air fryer method is ideal for both cooking and reheating tater tots. With this medium, you will attain crunchy perfection. It is also time-saving and effortless. Here is how to go about it:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You can choose to wrap the portion of casserole you are reheating in aluminum foil before placing it in the fryer basket.
- Heat the food for 5 minutes or till it gets crispy.
- Remove the food from the fryer basket, serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Way to Store Leftover Tater Tot Casserole?
After preparing your casserole, let it cool. You may store it in the same tray you prepared it. Just ensure to cover it with an air-tight lid or aluminum foil, then place it in a fridge or freezer. It is important to cover the food appropriately so it doesn’t contact the humidity in the fridge.
How Long Can Tater Tot Casserole Last in the Fridge Before Going Bad?
Tater tot casserole can last a maximum of five days in the refrigerator. However, it is wise to consume the food in at least 2-3 days to evade cases of food poisoning. If stored in the freezer, the food will last up to six months at a temperature of 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is the Secret to Achieving Perfectly Reheat Tater Tot Casserole?
Whenever you are warming any baked food, keep in mind that if you reheat it for a short or extended period, you will end up ruining it.
Covering the food before you reheat is essential because it prevents dry-up.
Another reheating tip you can apply, especially when using a microwave, is cutting down the casserole into small pieces; this lessens the heating time and makes the food attain and retain heat evenly.