Storing and reheating steak pies is somewhat complicated, given that you can easily develop food poisoning from eating leftover meat. Many people love meat pie, and sometimes one cannot help themself but order or cook more than they need. How should you reheat steak pie?
To obtain a perfectly reheated steak pie, you can warm it in an oven, microwave, toaster oven, and air fryer. The best way to reheat this dish is by letting it defrost then warming it in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Never prepare too much steak pie because it loses its nutritional value and flavor each time you reheat it.
You must be very cautious with how you handle leftover food. If not, you may end up in the hospital because most foods easily develop build-up bacteria. This article gives elaborate methods on how to appropriately heat leftover steak pie so you can enjoy your dish without any worries.
How To Reheat Steak Pie in An Oven
An oven is the most efficient way to reheat pie without drying it out. To reheat leftover steak pie in an oven;
- Remove the pie from the fridge hours before reheating it and let it thaw.
- Preheat your microwave to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the steak pies in aluminum foil to restore their moisture.
- Place the pies in the oven and heat them for about 10-20 minutes.
- You can choose to remove the foil for the last 10 minutes, so your pies can attain an inviting look.
- Remove the pies and let them cool before serving.
How To Reheat Steak Pie In A Microwave
Microwaving is a pretty fast and easy way to warm leftover meat pies. You must comprehend that things may go wrong if you are not careful because too much heat can burn the crust. So what is the procedure to attaining an evenly microwaved steak pie?
- Ensure the microwave settings are not on grill mode. Turn on your microwave to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the pies in paper towels or plastic wraps to maintain their humidity and retain heat.
- Place the pies in the microwave, warm them for 3 to 4 minutes, and check if they are well reheated.
- Add three minutes to the reheating period if you want a crunchy crust.
- Let your meal cool, then enjoy it.
How To Reheat Steak Pie In A Toaster Oven
With this method, you can be assured that you will not get a mushy and rubbery crust.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the pies in foil or plastic wrap.
- Place them in the toaster and let them hit for approximately 10 minutes or more if they have been refrigerated.
- Check to ensure the crust is crispy and warm before removing the pie from the oven.
- Serve when hot and add a scoop of ice cream or seasonings of your choice.
How To Reheat Steak Pie In An Air Fryer
If you have never tried reheating pies in an air fryer, you should try it; I guarantee you will love the outcome.
- Set your fryer to a temperature of 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the steak pie in parchment paper or paper towels to retain moisture and avoid messing up the fryer.
- Place them in the fryer and reheat for 10 to 20 minutes or till they get reheated to your liking. Do not warm them for too long as they might get burned.
- Let your pies cool, serve and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Should I Store Cooked Leftover Steak Pies?
Leftover steak pies should not be left in the open. Instead, it would be best to wrap them using plastic or aluminum foil and then place them in a container before putting them in your fridge. Always remove the pies from the fridge at least two hours before reheating them.
How Long Can I Store Steak Pies?
Freshly baked steak pies can last three to five days in the refrigerator. It would be best to refrigerate the pies as soon as they cool to avoid developing any bacteria.
Can I Eat Cold Steak Pies?
If you love eating cold food, you can eat frozen pies. However, I would advise you don’t because reheating the food will make it taste fresh and minimize chances of foodborne illnesses. Always heat your food thoroughly to eliminate the build of bacteria.
Can I Reheat Steak Pie Twice?
If your pie is overcooked, it can be pretty tricky to enjoy it if you choose to reheat it more than once. No rule forbids you from reheating your food as many times as you like, but if you value your health and prefer a tasty meal, opt for warming food only once.