Everyone loves a warm latte in the morning while on their way to work or before kicking off their day at home. Yet, sometimes, one’s mind gets so caught up in other things that they forget their coffee till it gets cold. The good news is that there are some easy ways to reheat Starbucks coffee without disintegrating its taste.
You can reheat Starbucks coffee in a microwave, steamer wand, stovetop, and conventional oven. Some of these mediums, like a microwave and stove, are pretty fast and highly recommendable, yet they are all efficient. It would help to be wary of the reheating temperature and period because they may alter the taste of your coffee.
Most people choose to drink iced coffee because they fear they will ruin their drink if they choose to warm it. If you enjoy cold coffee, then feel free to ice your latte. If not, stick around to find out how to reheat your coffee to retain its magic.
How to Reheat Starbucks Coffee in a Microwave
Microwaving is the fastest and most uncomplicated way to reheat your leftover coffee. Microwaving latte makes it regain its flavor since the heat breaks down the aroma. Here is how to go about it:
- Put the Starbucks coffee in a microwave-safe cup to prevent exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Place the coffee in the microwave and heat on medium-low heat for 30 seconds, and check if it is heated through. Do not overheat, as this makes the latte lose its tastiness.
- Remove the drink from the microwave. Add cream and sugar and enjoy.
How to Reheat Starbucks Coffee in a Steamer Wand
You can also use a steamer wand to reheat coffee but be warned that its taste might be altered given that it comes in contact with condensed steam, which dilutes it. To reheat your Starbucks coffee in a Steamer Wand:
- Put the coffee in a sizable container that should not be full to the brim; this prevents the drink from spilling over.
- Put the steamer in the coffee, then turn it on.
- Let the coffee reheat for 3 to 4 minutes. Alternatively, you can gauge its temperature by placing your hand on the container with the coffee.
- When ready, serve and enjoy.
How to Reheat Starbucks Coffee over a Stove
It is impossible to ruin your coffee with this medium since you will check and moderate the heating temperatures. If you don’t like microwaving, this should be your second option.
- Pour the latte into a saucepan.
- Place the coffee on the stovetop on medium-low heat.
- Warm for about 3 minutes. You can also stir it if you wish to.
- If the drink gets to the desired temperature, pour it into a mug and enjoy.
How to Reheat Starbucks Coffee in a Conventional Oven
I am certain this is the last reheating option that came to your mind, yet it is possible. However, it calls for more work, and you’ll conclude that it is much easier to use a stovetop. Still, if you want to give it a try, follow this procedure:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the coffee in an oven-safe container which you should cover.
- Put the coffee in the oven and heat for 3 to 5 minutes as you check its temperature.
- Remove it and serve while hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Store Leftover Starbucks Coffee?
Your leftover coffee will maintain its original taste when stored in the refrigerator. But if you have purchased an iced latte, there is no need to refrigerate it unless you wish to.
How Long Can Starbucks Coffee Last in the Fridge?
Refrigerated coffee can last 3 to 4 days before going bad. However, you should never leave your coffee out for too long since it only goes bad after a few hours. So if you are not planning to drink the coffee in the next 8 hours, it’s best to refrigerate it immediately after it cools.
Is it Safe to Reheat coffee?
There are many controversies on reheating coffee, as some believe it is detrimental to their health. Nonetheless, no risks are associated with reheating coffee unless using non-microwave safe containers.
The only negative aspect of reheating coffee is ascribed to using additives like milk but not the coffee itself. The only coffee that isn’t recommended to reheat is brewed coffee, which becomes bland.
How Can You Keep Your Coffee Fresh?
If your coffee often goes bad within a short span, it could be because you expose it to excessive oxygen and moisture. To stop this from happening, always ensure your coffee is stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you plan to drink your Starbucks coffee on the same day you buy it, don’t refrigerate it because it will get exposed to condensed moisture.