Soft pretzels are a favorite treat to many, yet some find it challenging to reheat them. Well-warmed pretzels maintain their fluffy interior and crispy cover. Contrary to many beliefs, it is undemanding to reheat this snack as long as you know the suitable reheating temperature, period, and kitchen appliances required.
The best mediums you can use to reheat leftover pretzels include a microwave, an oven, an air fryer, a stove, and a toaster oven. The secret to maintaining the softness of pretzels lies in moistening them while reheating. The ideal temperature of reheating pretzels is 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
You may be attaining mushy or dried pretzels every time you try to reheat them because you do not take the requisite measures to maintain their humidity. I will let you know how I reheat my soft pretzels to turn out tasty and with good texture.
How to Reheat Soft Pretzel in a Microwave
Microwaving is the fastest method to refresh your soft pretzels, yet it is also the medium where you can easily attain soggy or dry outcomes. To prevent your food from drying out:
- Place the pretzels in a microwave-safe dish and cover them using a dampened paper towel.
- Place the plate in the microwave and heat the food on medium heat for 20 seconds.
- Gauge the temperature of the food, and if not warm, cover it and reheat for an additional 10-20 seconds.
- Remove the dish from the microwave and allow your food to cool before serving.
A tip: Always use a dampened paper towel to cover the pretzels as it prevents them from becoming hard and unpalatable.
How to Reheat Soft Pretzel in an Oven
The oven method requires little more effort and time, but it warrants flavorful soft pretzels. The pretzels may dry out or burn if you use the wrong temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Moisten the soft pretzels by sprinkling a little water on them.
- Line your baking tray with foil.
- Place your pretzels in the tray and cover with aluminum foil. If you choose to place the pretzels directly on the oven rack, there is no need to cover them.
- Put the food in the oven and let it heat for 5 minutes. If it is not well heated, you can warm it for two more minutes.
- Your pretzels should be ready to serve.
How to Reheat Soft Pretzel in an Air Fryer
Air frying pretzels is the easiest and quick method. Here is how you do it:
- Preheat the fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the pretzels with water to moisten them. You can sprinkle a little bit of salt or other seasonings on top to give them flavor.
- Place them on the fryer. Ensure they are on a single layer and not overlapping.
- Heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take them out, serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Soft Pretzel on a Stove
Using a stove is the least recommendable method, given that the snacks might turn out dry. Yet if you don’t have another medium, you can give it a go. To reheat leftover soft pretzels on a stovetop:
- Place a pan on the stove and preheat it on medium heat.
- Brush the pretzels with a little bit of olive oil or water.
- Place them on the pan and cover them.
- Heat them for a minute and flip them over to warm the other side as well.
- Make sure to check on the pretzels, so they don’t get burned.
- When ready, let them cool as you work out an appetite.
How to Reheat Soft Pretzel in a Toaster Oven
The best thing about toaster ovens is that they are pretty handy at reheating most foods and are also energy savers. With this medium, you are sure to end up with well-humidified pretzels.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle some water on the pretzels as you wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Place them on an oven-safe dish and into the toaster oven.
- Warm them for a maximum of 6 minutes and take them out.
- Your treats should be ready to serve.
How to Store Leftover Pretzels
Ensure they are completely cooled before you enclose them in plastic wrap. If you plan to consume the snacks in the next two days, there is no need to refrigerate them. But if you fail to wrap them, they will go hard.
In case you intend to store your pretzels for much longer, place them in a freezer. Make certain they are tightly enclosed to not attain moisture or other bacteria in the freezer. Do not forget to thaw your pretzels before reheating.
It is safe to eat frozen leftover pretzels directly from the freezer, except they lose taste and texture. Most reheating methods mentioned above take less than 10 minutes which is worth it considering you will have fresh soft pretzels.