Smoked salmon is a luxurious food to be eaten on special occasions. This food has a bright color and rich flavor, making it many individuals’ favorite dishes. Some people enjoy cold smoked salmon, although it tastes better when sizzling hot. It is easy and fast to reheat this food.
You can reheat smoked salmon in an oven, microwave, air fryer, and stove. Your reheated fish may not be as tasty as the original fillet, but it is much better than frozen salmon. It is undemanding to reheat leftover salmon still; you must be watchful not to burn, dry it up or even stink up your kitchen in the process.
One must eat fresh salmon within 24 hours after preparation. However, smoked salmon has a longer life span. If refrigerated, you can store the food for about a week or even longer in the freezer. Remember to observe hygiene, so you don’t become a victim of food poisoning.
How to Reheat Smoked Salmon in an Oven
To achieve the best results, use the oven method on medium heat. This medium is perfect for reheating a large batch of smoked salmon at once. Here is how to go about it:
- Preheat the oven to 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the meantime, line your baking tray using foil.
- Arrange your salmon on the tray and ensure they don’t overlap each other.
- Sprinkle a little oil on the fish to prevent it from drying out.
- Cover the baking tin with foil to help retain heat.
- Bake the salmon for 5 to 8 minutes, then check if it is well heated.
- Once it’s ready, let it stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Smoked Salmon in A Microwave
The microwave method is controversial because of uneven reheating or drying out the food. Since salmon is a delicate food, I would not recommend you use this method unless you have to. Even so, I will give some tips to help heat your fish without ruining it.
- Put the fish in a microwave-safe dish.
- Moisturize it using a sauce or a little bit of oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or dampened paper towel to restrain the steam from evaporating.
- Set the microwave on medium-low heat and warm the food at 30 seconds intervals until it is evenly heated.
- Your smoked salmon should be ready to serve.
How to Reheat Smoked Salmon in an Air Fryer
This method is a healthy option for warming up salmon. While reheating, you do not need to thaw or add numerous things to the food. It is wise to coat the fish in sauce or oil so it doesn’t dry up. Here is a guide:
- You mustn’t necessarily preheat the gadget because you don’t want too much heat.
- Cover the salmon using foil or dampened paper and place it in the fryer basket.
- Set the fryer to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and reheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Check to see if the food is warm to your liking. If not, heat for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Let the food stand for 3 minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Smoked Salmon on A Stove
The stove method is pretty much the easiest and most accessible. Yet, you must be cautious not to use too much heat. To reheat your leftover salmon on a stove:
- Place a frying pan on the stove and preheat it on medium oil.
- Add a little bit of oil or water to the pan, then lay the salmon on the pan. They should be evenly spaced out and not lapping over.
- Heat the salmon for 2 to 3 minutes on medium-low heat, then flip them over and repeat.
- When ready, put them on a paper towel and let them sit for some minutes before eating.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Way to Store Leftover Smoked Salmon?
Smoked salmon should be kept in air-tight bags or freezer-safe bags then stored in the freezer, where it can last for about three months. Alternatively, you can store them in their original packet but ensure to let out all air first. Make certain not to store smoked salmon next to other raw foods as it may go bad earlier than anticipated.
If you intend to eat the salmon after a few days, refrigerate it. The ideal refrigeration temperature is 3 degrees Celsius. You should store the food after two hours since if it stays out for too long, it is susceptible to bacteria subjection.
Is it Safe to Eat Cold Smoked Salmon?
You can eat smoked salmon directly from the packet, but you must thaw it beforehand. However, it is much safer and recommendable to eat warm food as it helps conserve food’s flavor and nutritional content. Warming the salmon would also kill bacteria build-up from the freezer.