You can agree that scotch eggs are delicious, and you cannot let them go to waste just like that. While they are tricky food to reheat, you will not lack a way out to ensure they still retain their delicious flavor. So, how can you reheat scotch eggs?
The ideal way to reheat scotch eggs has to be by using the oven. While you can use the microwave, it is not advisable to use it since it might explode. Also, you may opt to use the stove, so be ready to dip it into frying oil for a few minutes.
Most people will prefer to eat scotch eggs even when they are cold because they are convenient, and reheating can be tricky. But you can try to follow the reheating methods in this article to enjoy them just like when they are fresh. Kindly keep reading.
1. Reheat Scotch Eggs in the Oven
Reheating your scotch eggs in the oven should be pretty straightforward. As long as you set the temperatures right, then within a few minutes, they will be ready.
Also, you need not do so much when using this method; keep time so they do not burn. Below is how you should reheat scotch eggs in the oven.
1. Start by preheating the oven at 350 for a few minutes. Preheating ensures that they get the heat pretty quickly as you move the scotch eggs from the refrigerator.
2. As the oven preheats, you should prepare the baking dish to place the scotch eggs. You can line it up with parchment paper or aluminium foil so that they do not stick on it.
3. Also, spray some cooking oil on the baking dish. You may opt to reheat the scotch eggs when they are whole, or you can cut them in half. Either should work.
4. Place the scotch eggs on the baking dish. As you do this, ensure enough space between them to get the heat on all sides effectively.
5. Once they are ready, you can now place them at the middle grill at the centre of the oven. They should reheat at 350 for about 5 minutes.
6. Once this time elapses, you can remove them and allow them to sit for a few minutes to cool before having them.
2. Reheat Scotch Eggs on the Stove
If you do not have the oven, you can also use the stove to reheat your scotch eggs. The process is pretty straightforward and will be almost the same as frying them. Here is how you go about it.
1. Set the stove to medium heat. You want something moderate that will ensure all the parts of the scotch eggs get enough heat.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and add some frying oil to it. Do not use oil since you are just reheating, not cooking.
3. Once the oil in the pan gets the heat, you can go ahead and add the scotch eggs. Spread then all through the oil to get the heat well.
4. Allow the scotch eggs to cook on all sides. So as they cook, you will need to keep turning them. Turning them will also ensure they do not burn.
5. The scotch eggs should heat in the pan for a few minutes, maybe 5 to 10 minutes. Once you notice they are ready, you can remove them from the pan.
6. Place some paper towels in a bowl and put your scotch eggs here as you remove them from the oil. You do so to allow them to drain the excess oil. Once it is all drained, you can enjoy them as your breakfast.
Similar Post: How To Reheat Korean Fried Chicken
3. Reheat Scotch Eggs in the Air Fryer
The same way you can cook the scotch eggs in the air fryer, you pretty much follow the same process when reheating them here. Reheating in the air fryer is much healthier than using the stove. To reheat it here:
1. Begin by setting the time and temperature for the scotch eggs to reheat. The air fryer is pretty quick to be ready within 5 minutes. For the site, you can set it at 400.
2. Arrange the scotch eggs in the air fryer. As usual, spread them out evenly to allow efficient cooking. Then click the start button, and it will enable them to cook.
3. The air fryer will stop once the time elapses. Remove the scotch eggs from it and allow them to cool down for a minute before eating.
Which is the Ideal Way to Reheat Scotch eggs?
You will never go wrong with reheating scotch eggs using the oven. It is not like other methods are not viable, but using the oven assures excellent results, and you need not do so much afterwards as long as you lay the parchment paper on the baking dish. If you want to use the microwave, ensure you cut the scotch eggs into small pieces beforehand; otherwise, they will explode.
So there you have it, adventurers of the leftover realm! Scotch eggs, with their perfect union of crispy crumb and runny yolk, deserve to be enjoyed to their fullest, even when they’ve seen the fridge overnight. By using these reheating methods, you can banish fear and embrace the second coming of the Scotch Egg, with its golden exterior and molten heart intact.
So next time you find yourself with leftover Scotch eggs, don’t despair! Unleash your inner culinary hero, pick your weapon (oven, air fryer, or microwave), and prepare to be amazed by the deliciousness that awaits. After all, a good Scotch egg, reheated right, is just as good as a fresh one. Now go forth and conquer those leftovers!
Bonus Tip: Share your favorite reheating method and side pairings in the comments below! Let’s create a community of Scotch egg enthusiasts who savor this delicious treat, fresh or reheated.