Roast pork belly is a mouth-watering dish enjoyed while still hot and fresh. The leftovers always feel tough and tangy when reheated wrongly, making most people hate the idea of preserving for later use. After reheating, you can actually enjoy your dish later without experiencing the tanginess, sogginess, or toughness. How?
You can apply different techniques to reheat your roast pork belly and almost have the same juiciness and flavor. These techniques include using a microwave, oven, toaster oven, air fryer, and even a fry pan.
I will show you how these practical methods work, so you no longer dislike reheating the dish. Let’s look at each.
1. Conventional Oven
Using a conventional oven is a reliable method that takes time for the pork to be ready. Some people prefer removing the roast belly pork skin as their preference. You can keep yours on, and I will show you how to reheat yours with the skin on.
- Preheating the oven should always be your first step. Do this at 3500F.
- Roll an aluminum foil on your kitchen table and start arranging the pork in bits. The skin should face the top.
- Pour some liquid on the skin, for example, barbeque sauce used for roasting the belly, apple juice, wine, or water. Do not submerge the pork in these fluids, but use enough to prevent it from drying up.
- Carefully wrap the pieces without piercing the foil. You do not want the liquid to dry before you start heating your pork.
- Heat your belly on the middle shelf of your oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the roasted pork belly from the oven. It should be nicely heated, but you may realize the skin’s crispiness may have been lost. If you want to regain it, you can return it to the oven.
- Remove the foil and arrange your pieces on the baking tray with the skin facing up.
- Heat for another 10 minutes to get the crispiness.
- Remove from the oven and serve while still hot. Enjoy.
Here is the best method for reheating your roast pork belly in 5 minutes or less. However, you may end with chewy and rubbery pork. Are you in a hurry? Try using a microwave.
- Sprinkle your roast pork with some water, sauce, apple juice, or any other cooking liquid you prefer. Do not sprinkle on the skin.
- Place the pieces on a microwave-friendly bowl and use high heat
- Check after every 30 seconds and remove when ready. Serve and enjoy.
3. Air Fryer
The air fryer is becoming preferable cooking equipment, and those that own one literally love using it to prepare almost everything. You can reheat your roasted pork belly and enjoy the crispiness without worrying about the toughness.
- Set your air fryer to 3500F – 4000F and let it preheat.
- Arrange your pork pieces in the air fryer basket with the skin facing up. It helps ensure the skin remains crispy and the meat does not become tough and dry.
- Heat for approximately 6 – 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pieces.
- Switch off the air fryer and remove the pork. Serve and enjoy while still hot.
Tip: To retain the juiciness of your pork, consider covering it with aluminum foil while leaving the skin exposed.
It is an exciting technique for reheating your roasted pork belly.
- Slice your roasted pork belly into sizable bits. It ensures less time used for reheating the pork having it evenly heated.
- Add some oil to your pan and put on medium-high heat. Let the oil heat and simmer. This step is important as it prevents the pork from absorbing excess oil when added to the pan.
- Add the sliced bits to the pan and heat. Keep turning until all the pork is appropriately heated.
- Heat the skin parts for longer periods to ensure your roasted pork is crispy.
- Turn off the heat, remove the pork from the pan and serve.
Tip: You can add other ingredients like vegetables, seasoning, sauces, etc., when the pan is still on the heat source.
5. Toaster Oven
A good alternative if you do not want to use the conventional oven.
- Preheat your toaster to 4000F.
- Wrap your pork belly in aluminum foil, ensuring no part is exposed. You can sprinkle with broth, sauce, wine, or water to retain the juiciness.
- Use a baking tray or a toaster oven-friendly dish for reheating.
- Heat for 10 – 15 minutes
- Remove the foil wrap and return your pork to the toaster. This step is for giving the roast crispy and brown skin.
- Remove the pork from the toaster oven and serve hot.
I hope you have seen that reheating a roast pork belly is exciting. It can be reheated with almost any cooking kitchen equipment. So, what’s your excuse?