Potato skins are perfect for the next day after a party if you do not get cold. In the same way, it is easy cooking them from scratch; reheating them should be super easy. What methods can you use to reheat them?
You can use the microwave, air fryer, or oven when reheating the potato skins. However, the microwave will be the best option if you are reheating a small batch of potato skins, say 1 to 2. If you are reheating quite a number of them, you can use the oven.
This article will give you the various steps to follow when reheating potato skins. Each method will require different techniques, but it is pretty easy to do it. So, read on!
How to Reheat Potato Skins in the Oven
The oven is quite an ideal way to reheat the potato skins. The method will do great when you have quite a junk left, and disposing of them is not an option. Furthermore, why would you do away with such delicious things? Follow the steps below when reheating potato skins in the oven.
1. Preheat your oven at 375 for a few minutes before reheating the potato skins. By doing so, the potato skins will start getting the heat immediately after you place them in the oven.
2. If the potato skins had any sour cream or salsa, make sure you remove them.
3. Place your potato skins here and put them in the oven. Spray some cooking spray on the baking tray. The tray should rest in its middle so that the potato skins can heat well.
4. Allow the potato skins to bake for around 10 to 15 minutes at a temperature of 375.
5. When they are almost ready, use the broiler to crisp the top
6. You can now remove the potato skins from the oven. Then, remove any cold toppings available on them and serve.
How to Reheat Potato Skins in the Microwave
Even though you can reheat your potato skins in the microwave, you should only do so in small portions. You can reheat, maybe one or two at a time.
Also, if the potato skins are loaded, the toppings may spill over in the microwave, so be careful. But this process is pretty quick, so it is worth trying. Here is how you do it:
1. Cut the potato skins in half. You do this so that they heat well all through and fast.
2. Place the potato skins in a microwave-friendly dish. After this, cover them with a damp towel. If the toppings spill, they will not be all over the microwave.
3. Place one or two potato skins into the microwave at a time. Allow them to cook for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Ensure you set the microwave to the reheat setting since they are only reheating.
4. If you want them to be extra hot, you can set the heat to high. Just ensure it is enough to heat the potato skins all through.
5. Repeat the process until all the potato skins are reheated.
How to Reheat Potato Skins in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is ideal when you want the potato skins to be more crispy. Since you can make the potato skins in the air fryer, it is possible to reheat them using it. When using the air fryer:
1. Spray some cooking oil on the air fryer basket. Such ensures that the potato skins get more flavor and do not burn when cooking here.
2. Add the potato skins to the air fryer basket. Do not forget to spread them out if they are many, but there is no issue if they overlap.
3. Set the air fryer temperature to 370 degrees. The time the potato skins will take to get ready will depend on the size.
4. If the potato skins are small, 5 minutes will be enough to reheat them. But if they are large, they may need around 10 minutes to get ready.
5. Once the time elapses, you can turn off the air fryer and allow the potato skins to cook a bit. Be on the lookout so that they do not burn.
How to Reheat Potato Skins on the Stove
You can also reheat the potato skins on the stove. The method is ideal if you do not have the above appliances for reheating. To get started:
1. Preheat your frying pan or a cast-iron skillet in medium heat or about 475. Ensure that what you choose to use as a handle.
2. Open up the potato skin and remove the insides. You can add some flour to make the potato skins turn out extra crispy.
3. Place the potato skins on the hot pan and allow them to cook for about 10 minutes. They should turn golden brown and be crispy on the inside
4. You can add some of your favorite toppings, such as bacon, on the potato skins to go with it.