Potato Latkes will always be good and crispy when you take them when fresh. However, it may be hard to have them immediately, especially when you cook many of them at a time. If you have some left, how do you reheat them?
One of the best ways to reheat potato latkes is using the oven or the stovetop. If you want to reheat them, always do so within a few hours after cooking them. Otherwise, they will not turn out well unless you keep them in the freezer.
If you keep the potato latkes in the refrigerator, then plan to reheat them within a day or two. If you are still wondering how to reheat your potato latkes, keep reading this article. I will be sharing the different ways you can successfully heat your leftover potato latkes and still taste as good as when they are fresh.
How to Reheat Potato Latkes in the Oven
The oven is pretty convenient and easy when reheating potato latkes. This method will ensure they turn out crispy and taste as fresh as before. When using the oven to reheat potato latkes:
1. As usual, you will need to preheat the oven for about 10 minutes. Do this to 350 if your potato latkes were in the refrigerator. If you had them in the freezer, preheat them to 400.
2. You will be using the baking wire rack to reheat the potato latkes. Place it on a baking sheet.
3. Place the potato latkes on the baking rack. Ensure they are not overlapping or touching each other. Such ensure that all parts of the potato latkes heat well and evenly.
4. If the potato latkes are quite a lot, you may reheat them in batches instead.
5. Place the baking rack in the oven. Allow the potato latkes to be baking for about five minutes from the refrigerator. If they are from the freezer, you should bake them for 10 minutes.
6. Once the baking time elapses, you can check whether the potato latkes are done. Please do this by checking their internal temperature with a thermometer. They should be ready when their internal temperature is at 165.
7. If you are satisfied with the heat, you can remove them from the oven and cool them before serving.
How to Reheat Potato Latkes in the Stovetop
You can always use the stovetop to reheat the potato latkes. The process will, of course, be straightforward and will take you just a few minutes to do it. Here is how you do it:
1. Start by preparing the potato latkes. In this case, if they were in the refrigerator, remove them from it and allow them to come to room temperature. If you had them in the freezer, you should remove them early enough to allow them to defrost.
2. Once the potato latkes are ready, prepare your cooking pan. Place it on the stove and add some little oil to it.
3. Allow the oil to heat up. You will be reheating the potato latkes at medium-high heat, so adjust the heat to this.
4. Place the potato latkes on the pan. Ensure you spread them out well on it so that all the parts can get the heat.
5. Allow the potato latkes to get the heat on the side for a few minutes before flipping them to the other side to reheat.
6. Ensure you fry them until they turn out crispy.
7. You should then check the internal temperature of the potato latkes. If it is at 165, then they are ready.
8. Turn off the stove remove the potato latkes from the pan. Allow them to cool for a few minutes, then serve.
How to Reheat Potato Latkes in the Microwave
A microwave is always a go-to option for reheating most foods, especially when you hurry. This option may, however, not be ideal for reheating potato latkes. They will not have the crunchy and crispy feeling.
The potato latkes may end up turning soggy and mushy. But if you do not mind this, here is how you reheat them:
1. Remove the number of potato latkes you want to reheat from the freezer or refrigerator. Allow them to get to room temperature by sitting at the counter for a few minutes. If they are from the freezer, allow them to defrost for about 15 minutes.
2. Place the potato latkes on a microwave-safe dish. Opt to reheat a few at a time so that they do not get so mushy. So, arrange just a few on it.
3. Cover the dish and place it in the microwave.
4. Set the time to around 5 minutes. This time will be enough to reheat each set of potato latkes.
5. Check after five minutes if they are at your desired heat.
6. If they are yet to get hot, add a few more minutes to the potato latkes.
7. Once the microwave stops, remove the potato latkes and serve.