Pizza Hut’s infamous cookie has become a classic treat for countless food lovers. Their Ultimate Hershey’s Chocolate Chip Cookie is giant, comparable to a small pizza, and is divided into triangular cookie slices. But, its size can make it difficult to eat in one sitting, and its unique nature can make it tricky to reheat leftovers.
Leftover Pizza Hut Cookies can be eaten without being reheated, but many people adore its warm and gooey chocolate after baking. Fortunately, there are a few ways to revive its original taste and texture at home, allowing you to indulge without comprises.
Pizza Hut Cookies can be reheated in the oven or an air fryer for the best results, as these methods soften the chocolate while crisping up the cookie’s exterior. Pizza Hut specifically stated that this cookie should NEVER be reheated in the microwave.
How To Reheat Pizza Hut Cookie
Reviving leftover Pizza Hut Cookies can be challenging, especially since this iconic cookie is huge and sliced into smaller pieces. Its shape and size can make it tricky to accomplish its former crunch, and some reheating methods can make the chocolate hard or gritty. However, a few reheating methods work well for this delectable dessert.
Pizza Hut Cookies can be reheated as a whole or in individual slices, although the outcome may be slightly different. The edges where the cookie was cut may be far more crunchy when heated in individual slices, while heating the cookie as a whole may result in a firm yet softer bite.
How To Reheat a Pizza Hut Cookie in the Oven
Using an oven to reheat Pizza Hut Cookies is the most effective method. Reheating them in an oven is fairly similar to the original cooking method since these cookies are baked in pizza ovens.
The reheating instructions for Pizza Hut’s Ultimate Hershey’s Chocolate Chip Cookie are outlined on the box, and the only recommended method is using an oven. Allowing the cookie to bake for a short timeframe will offer the best of both worlds – a light and fluffy texture topped with warm, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips.
To reheat a Pizza Hut Cookie in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. According to Pizza Hut, this heat setting is incredibly important and greatly influences the cookie’s texture.
- Remove the cookie and its foil tray from the box.
- Only place the cookie in the oven once it has reached the desired temperature. Placing the cookie inside the oven before it has reached 350°F will decrease this reheating method’s effectiveness.
- Bake the cookie for around 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and leave it on a cooling rack for up to 1 minute, until it is warm and gooey but cool enough to eat.
How To Reheat a Pizza Hut Cookie in an Air Fryer
Using an air fryer is the best alternative reheating method, as this appliance does a great job at imitating oven conditions. While it may not create a perfectly crisp texture, it is still a viable reheating method and may take less time than using an oven. This shortened timeframe is since air fryers do not need to be preheated.
To reheat a Pizza Hut Cookie in an air fryer:
- Place your leftover Pizza Hut cookie slices into a pizza or cake pan. Since it is already cooked, it should not stick to the pan. But, you can lightly butter the pan to prevent sticking.
- The air fryer can be set to 250°F on the baking setting. This will allow it to reheat slowly and gently, reviving its golden color and light texture.
- Place the cookie-loaded pan into the air fryer’s basket attachment.
- Bake the cookie for 2-4 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Baking the cookie for too long may cause it to become irreparably scorched or hardened.
- Remove the cookie from the air fryer and leave it on a cooling rack for up to 1 minute, until it is warm and gooey but cool enough to eat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have questions about reheating Pizza Hut Cookies? We’ve got answers!
How do I store reheated pizza hut cookies?
It is best to eat Pizza Hut Cookies while they are still warm, and they should not be stored in the refrigerator as this can ruin their taste and texture. Leftover cookie slices can be placed in a cookie or cake tin and stored in a cool and dry area.
Can I reheat pizza hut cookies multiple times?
One could technically reheat Pizza Hut Cookies multiple times, but doing so will likely ruin the overall flavor and texture profile. Reheating it too often can cause the cookie to become dry, hard, or gritty. It is best only to reheat what you intend to eat each time.
How long does it take to reheat pizza hut cookies?
Reheating Pizza Hut Cookies only takes up to 5 minutes. According to Pizza Hut, reheating time should not exceed 4 minutes, and the cooling time is usually under 1 minute. Preheating can take up to 30 minutes, depending on your oven. Air fryers typically work faster as they do not need to be preheated, but using an oven still has the best results.