Pinto beans are a favorite for many, and there are various ways to prepare them. You can opt to buy or prepare them in bulk, store them in the fridge and reheat them when you want. So, which reheating methods should you use?
Reheating pinto beans ensures that the creamy texture in them remains intact. You can opt to reheat them on the stovetop, which is the main method used when refrying them. Also, you can opt to use the microwave or oven, which is a pretty easier reheating option.
When you reheat the pinto beans, you should do so in a way that they still have some thickness in them. This article will show you how to maintain this, and you will also know the various reheating methods you should try. Kindly keep reading!
How to Reheat Pinto Beans in the Microwave
Reheating your pinto beans in the microwave is always quick and easy. Even though you will be stirring them so often, they will be ready in a few minutes. Your goal is to ensure the juices in the pinto beans do not become dry. So here is how you do it:
1. Get a microwave-safe dish and pour the pinto beans into it. Then cover this dish with a microwave-safe lid.
2. Place this dish in the microwave. Set the heat to medium-high, and for the heating, time set it to 2 minutes. This time will be enough to bring the pinto beans to the right temperature, but it may change depending on the amount you are reheating at a time.
3. Start the microwave and let the pinto beans reheat.
4. After about 30 seconds, stop the microwave. Stir the beans and check on their temperature.
5. Then restart the reheating cycle for another 30 seconds, stop again, and stir the beans again. Repeat this process until the reheating time elapses.
6. Once you are satisfied with the temperature, you can remove the dish from the microwave. If you are not, allow the beans to reheat once more.
7. Allow the pinto beans to rest for a minute, then serve.
How to Reheat Pinto Beans in the Oven
You could also utilize your oven when reheating the pinto beans. Using it is pretty straightforward and ensures that the beans remain moist. To reheat pinto beans:
1. First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. You want to ensure that the pinto beans heat immediately; you put them in the oven.
2. As the oven preheats, remove the pinto beans from the fridge if they were there. Let them sit on the counter for a few minutes to come to room temperature.
3. Get an oven-safe baking dish and add your pinto beans here.
4. At this point, you can add any extra flavor that you want the pinto beans to have. You can opt to add some crumbled bacon, some onion, and garlic. Mix them with the beans, or you can leave them as toppings.
5. Cover the pinto beans with aluminum foil. Then place the baking dish in the oven.
6. Allow the pinto beans to reheat for about 15 minutes. However, some ovens may take up to 30 minutes to bring the beans to your desired temperature.
7. Be sure to check the pinto beans after every 5 minutes.
8. Once the pinto beans are hot enough, remove them from the oven and serve.
How to Reheat Pinto Beans in a Stovetop
If you do not like using the microwave or oven to reheat the pinto beans, another great alternative option will be cooking them on the stovetop. Since you are just reheating the pinto beans, they should not take so long to be ready. This method is healthier than when using the microwave. Here is how you should do it:
1. Prepare the pinto beans. Please do so by getting them out of the fridge and letting them come to room temperature for a few minutes.
2. You will need to drain any excess broth in the baked beans using a colander. Ensure all the water or broth is out by shaking your colander.
3. Put the pinto beans in a cooking pot. You can now add some clean water or broth to them.
4. You may opt to add some salt or other seasoning to the pinto beans. Then mix the salt with them. Be on the lookout not to put so much salt.
5. Place the pot on the stovetop. Adjust the heat to medium-low.
6. Allow the beans to heat in the heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Ensure you stir the beans frequently, like every 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Cook the beans until they produce bubbles. If you did not add water to them, check if they are sweating.
8. You can whether they are at the temperature you desire. If the pinto beans are, turn off the stove and remove them from it. Allow them to rest for a few minutes, then serve.