Maggiano’s is a place where you can experience authentic Italian culture and cuisine without traveling to Italy. With locations across the US, Maggiano’s restaurants are known for their heavenly food on the premises. They also provide you with some delicious leftovers, so you can continue enjoying tasty Italian meals at home. But, how can you reheat Maggiano’s dishes and enjoy them as if you were in the restaurant?
Depending on the dish you have from Maggiano’s, you can use several reheating methods to quickly prepare your leftovers for eating. Therefore, to reheat your meals, you can use the oven, the microwave, or the stovetop.
In this article, I have focused on the reheating methods you can use with Maggiano’s leftovers. I have provided my recommended instructions for classic pasta, dishes that include meat and fish, as well as some desserts. If you follow all the steps appropriately, you will be able to enjoy your leftovers as if they are freshly prepared right in the restaurant.
Reheating Classic Pastas
Since we are talking about an Italian restaurant, the first thing you would want to learn how to reheat is pasta. One of Maggiano’s service features is that they send you home with a free pasta meal, but in order to best enjoy this free dish, you will need to reheat it first. For this purpose, you can use your oven, microwave, or stovetop.
Reheat Maggiano’s Pasta in the Oven
The oven is recommended for reheating Taylor Street Baked Ziti, Four-Cheese Ravioli, Mom’s Lasagna, and Eggplant Parmesan. If you have one of these dishes, it is advised that you use your oven for achieving the best results. Therefore, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Using an oven-safe container, place your pasta in 1oz. of water and cover the dish with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- For the Baked Ziti and Ravioli, you will need to wait around 20 minutes, whereas for Eggplant Parmesan and Mom’s Lasagna it will take about 25 minutes.
Reheat Maggiano’s Pasta in the Microwave
If you’re in a hurry, try reheating your pasta using a microwave. Microwaves are certainly convenient, but it might take some experimentation to get your pasta evenly heated through to your desired temperature. Here’s the procedure:
- First, remove the lid from the plastic container in which your pasta is placed. This will allow the steam to leave the container.
- Then, adjust the cooking settings on your microwave on high heat, and cook your pasta for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Lastly, stir your pasta (if possible), rotate the container a quarter turn, and cook for an additional one or two minutes until your pasta is completely warmed up.
Reheat Maggiano’s Pasta on the Stovetop
For all other types of pasta, you can use the stovetop for reheating. This is also a quick method that will allow you to prepare your pasta in a fast manner.
- Using a large saucepan, place your pasta in 1oz. of water, and cover it with an appropriate lid.
- Reheat on low heat while stirring occasionally. This will take around 5 minutes, or maybe slightly more until your pasta is ready according to your liking.
Reheating Meat Dishes
Maggiano’s also offers some dishes or sauces that include meat, such as Chicken Entrees, Beef Medallions, and Mini Meatballs. To reheat these kinds of dishes, you might use the oven or the microwave.
Reheating Meat Dishes Using An Oven
To reheat the meat dishes from Maggiano’s in an oven, you will have to follow these steps:
- Using an oven-safe dish, place the dish in 2 tbsp. of water, and cover the container with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes if you are reheating Chicken Entrees or Beef Medallions. If you are reheating Mini Meatballs, the process will last for about 25 minutes.
Reheating Meat Dishes Using A Microwave
If you want a quicker procedure, then you may also use your microwave.
- Place your dish on the microwave carousel.
- Cook on high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F.
Reheating Hot Mini Desserts
If you’ve taken your mini dessert home, you might enjoy it as it is served in the restaurant. Therefore, you might use the oven or your microwave for reheating.
Reheating Mini Desserts Using An Oven
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
Reheating Mini Desserts Using A Microwave
- Turn your microwave on high heat.
- Microwave for about 90 seconds.
Enjoying Maggiano’s dishes at home in the right way is easy as long as you follow the proper reheating instructions. Since all of the procedures are quick and simple, there is no reason why you should not use them.