Seafood lovers can all agree that fish is best eaten fresh, especially when it’s been coated in crispy and fluffy batter. Long John Silver Fish has become quite popular in many areas, but leftovers can be far less enjoyable than one might hope.
Reheating many meat types can be relatively straightforward, but heating leftover fish can make the dish soggy or dry. Thankfully, there are quite a few ways to reheat Long John Silver Fish while preserving its delectable flavor and texture.
Long John Silver Fish can be reheated on a stove or in an air fryer, deep fryer, or oven. These methods typically work well for crispy fried fish, but Long John Silver Fish can also be reheated in a microwave.
The main concern when reheating Long John Silver Fish is potentially ruining the batter, drying out the meat, or changing the texture. However, there are a few tricks for preserving as much crispness as possible.
How To Reheat Long John Silver Fish on the Stove
Using the stove can provide the best of both worlds – great results and convenience. This method is quick and easy, and it works best when using a frying pan or skillet.
To reheat Long John Silver Fish on the stove:
- Add oil to a skillet or frying pan and let it heat up on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the fish on the stove and let it sizzle for 2 to 3 minutes, flipping it every 30 seconds to ensure it is thoroughly reheated and evenly crispy.
- The internal temperature of the fish should be at around 145°F.
How To Reheat Long John Silver Fish in an Air Fryer
Air fryers are fantastic options for reheating Long John Silver Fish. They work quickly, are easy to use, and do a great job at restoring that delightfully light and fluffy crisp. Here’s how:
- Drain the fish of excess moisture and transfer it to the air basket. Lightly apply cooking oil if it is too dry.
- Cook the fish on medium heat, at approximately 325-350°F for around 3 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for another 3 minutes to ensure it is crispy on all sides.
How To Reheat Long John Silver Fish in a Deep Fryer
While deep fryers can be inaccessible or tricky to set up, they are great for ensuring a perfectly crispy exterior.
- Pour oil into the deep fryer and let it heat up to 350°F.
- Place the fish in a rack and lower it into the oil for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the fish and place it on a dish lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
How To Reheat Long John Silver Fish in the Oven
Reheating Long John Silver Fish in the oven is another simple and effective option. Although, the process will take slightly longer. Follow the steps below for best results.
- Allow the fish to reach near room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an oven-safe dish with aluminum foil, sprinkled lightly with oil.
- Place the fish in the center of the dish and place it in the oven.
- Allow the fish to heat for around 15 minutes. Flip only if necessary.
- The internal temperature of the fish should be at approximately 145°F.
How To Reheat Long John Silver Fish in the Microwave
Microwaves have been the go-to option for ages. But, there are a few factors to consider when reheating fish since microwaving can make the dish rubbery or unevenly heated. Here’s how it’s done:
- Transfer the fish to a microwave-safe container lined with a paper towel. The paper towel will absorb excess moisture.
- Turn the microwave to a low heat setting to ensure the fish heats without drying out. Microwave for around 30 seconds.
- Remove the fish from the microwave and flip it over. If the paper towel is soggy, replace it. Microwave for another 15 seconds to ensure the fish is evenly reheated.
- Repeat reheating and flipping the fish over until it is the desired temperature. Fish should only remain in the microwave for a maximum of 30 seconds at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have questions about reheating Long John Silver Fish? We’ve got answers!
How do I store reheated Long John Silver Fish?
Reheated fish should reach room temperature before being refrigerated in an airtight container. Seafood can be refrigerated and reheated for a few days after it is cooked. But, storing reheated fish can be risky and it is best only to reheat the portion you plan to eat each time.
Can I reheat Long John Silver Fish multiple times?
Fish can be reheated multiple times as long as it is stored and warmed properly. However, it is not recommended, and reheating should be limited as much as possible.
How long does it take to reheat Long John Silver Fish?
The time will depend on the cooking method. Reheating Long John Silver Fish can take an average of 5-10 minutes, including prepping and reheating time. Using an oven would take longer since preheating takes time.