How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes (Without Messing It Up!)
Mashed potatoes are a favorite worldwide, making KFC’s infamous mash and gravy an iconic treat for food-lovers of all ages. Although this side dish can complete almost any meal, leftovers can be tricky to reheat.
Leftover KFC mashed potatoes can become lumpy and gritty, especially when stored in the refrigerator. Fortunately, the originally smooth and creamy texture can be restored with the proper reheating methods. These methods are quick and simple to follow, whether you have a fully stocked kitchen or only essential appliances.
KFC Mashed Potatoes can be reheated in a saucepan, in the oven, in a double boiler, or in the microwave. Stirring the mashed potatoes frequently, but not too much, is the most effective way to revive its creamy and fluffy texture.
How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes
Reviving mash potatoes can be done easily in only a few minutes, allowing you to tuck into the buttery and fluffy treat we all know and love. If it is covered in gravy, scoop as much out as possible or stir it through to add flavor throughout the potatoes.
How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in a Saucepan
Using a stovetop is the best way to reheat KFC mashed potatoes. It works fairly quickly and creates incredible results since you can consistently monitor the consistency and ensure it is as creamy and smooth as you’d like.
To reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes on the stove:
- Place a saucepan on the stove on medium heat. Using a nonstick pan is ideal since starch can stick to some pan types.
- Empty the leftover mashed potatoes into the saucepan.
- Gently stir the potatoes every 2 minutes to ensure it is heated evenly. But, do not stir too often, as this will break down the starches and create a gooey consistency.
- Add milk or cream if the consistency becomes too thick.
- The potatoes should be reheated for 8-10 minutes.
How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in the Oven
Reheating KFC mashed potatoes in the oven can be far less hands-on, but it will take some more time and preparation. This reheating method will also alter the dish slightly, potentially creating a crispy coating on its surface.
To reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Empty the mashed potatoes into an oven-safe dish. Depending on your preference, you can make individual servings or one large dish.
- Since the oven will harden the potatoes’ surface, you can add tasty toppings such as grated cheese or herbs.
- Place the mashed potatoes in the oven and let it bake for around 30 minutes, or until it is warmed through. It will take less time if you use individual serving dishes.
How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in a Double Boiler
Double boiling is a popular cooking method for foods and sweets requiring gentle and even heat. You can still use the double boiling method if you do not have the appliance, as all you need is a stove, pot, large glass bowl, and water.
To reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in a double boiler:
- Fill the pot with 2 cups of water.
- Place the pot on a medium heat setting until the water starts to boil.
- Place a glass bowl, larger than the pot’s rim, over the boiling water and add the mashed potatoes to the bowl.
- Stir the mashed potatoes every few minutes until they are heated through.
How To Reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in the Microwave
Microwaving KFC mashed potatoes may be the best option if you are short on kitchen tools or time. Although its effectiveness is not always great, it is the fastest method. Use these key tricks to get smooth and evenly heated KFC mashed potatoes in the microwave.
To reheat KFC Mashed Potatoes in the microwave:
- Empty the leftover mashed potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the mashed potatoes into the microwave and heat it on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the mash from the microwave, gently stir it through, and place it back in the microwave for another 1 minute.
- Repeat these steps until the potatoes are smooth and heated all the way through. The mashed potatoes should be reheated within 3-4 minutes in most cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have questions about reheating KFC Mashed Potatoes? We’ve got answers!
How do I store reheated KFC mashed potatoes?
Reheated KFC mashed potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bacteria can grow rapidly when cooked food is left at room temperature for more than two hours, meaning it may become unsafe for consumption.
Can I reheat KFC mashed potatoes multiple times?
You can reheat KFC mashed potatoes as many times as you would like, provided the food is still safe to eat, and every part is heated thoroughly. However, it is still best to reheat what you intend to eat and leave other leftovers in the refrigerator.
How long does it take to reheat KFC mashed potatoes?
The reheating time will depend on the method used, but the process can take an average of 5-10 minutes. Microwaving KFC mashed potatoes is the fastest while using the oven will take the longest. Using a saucepan on a stovetop offers the best of both worlds, as it only takes a few minutes and has impressive results.