Injera is a leavened bread enjoyed by people of several cultures. Unlike other types of bread, you should only bake injera after boiling it. When your freshly baked injera gets cold, you need to know how to reheat it.
Fortunately, there are several ways to reheat injera without baking it again. You can reheat injera using different appliances such as the oven, microwave, grill, air fryer, stove, or toaster oven.
This article will walk you through the procedures involved for every appliance. As the case may be, cooking or baking does not begin and end with getting the final result. Knowing the different ways to reheat injera is very important.
How to Reheat Injera Using a Stove
Using a stove is one of the many ways to reheat leftover injera. You can use a stove to cook or reheat just about anything.
Follow the steps below to reheat yours to perfection:
- Light the stove burner and set it to medium heat.
- Place a skillet on the stove and pour some oil into it.
- Heat the oil for about a minute before adding injera to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and leave it on the stove for six to seven minutes.
- Uncover the skillet after seven minutes and flip the injera.
- Allow heating for another six to seven minutes with the skillet open.
- Serve injera with any sauce or stew of your choice.
How to Reheat Injera Using an Oven
Using an oven is the most common way to reheat injera and other types of bread. When using an oven, you do not need to add oil to the injera.
Here is how to reheat injera using an oven:
- Lay each piece of injera next to each other on a baking sheet.
- Set the oven to a temperature of 400°F.
- Put the baking sheet inside the oven and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Bring out the sheet and turn the injera over.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, then heat for an extra 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the bread is hot, remove it from the oven.
- Let it sit for a minute or two to cool, then serve as you please.
How to Reheat Injera Using a Microwave
Using a microwave is always an easy way out when you need to reheat a meal. Before you reheat the injera, add some moisture to it so it becomes soft.
Here is how to reheat injera with the use of a microwave:
- Soften the bread with some water if it is dry.
- Knead the crumbs together to form a whole loaf and wrap with a paper towel.
- Set the microwave to a high temperature.
- Put the bread on a microwave-safe plate, then place the container inside the microwave.
- Heat the bread for about a minute
- Remove it from the microwave and unwrap.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for it to cool so you don’t hurt yourself while trying to eat your bread.
How to Reheat Injera Using a Grill
Although using a grill is not a good option for reheating several meals, this is not the case for injera.
Here are the steps involved in reheating injera using a grill:
- Preheat the grill to medium temperature.
- Break the bread into smaller pieces, then place them in aluminum foil.
- Add some water to the foil and wrap them tightly.
- Place the wrap on the grill rack and heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until you notice the edges bubbling.
- If you are not sure about the hotness, check the bottom of the foil. A brownish color shows that it is hot enough.
- Take the bread out from the grill and enjoy.
How to Reheat Injera Using a Toaster Oven
You can definitely use a toaster oven to reheat injera; after all, it is bread.
Follow these steps to reheat your injera with a toaster oven.
- Place the injera on the rack inside the toaster oven.
- Keep each bread one inch away from another to ensure they reheat correctly.
- Heat the toaster oven to a temperature of 350°F.
- Warm the bread for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once your bread is hot, take it out.
- Give your bread time to cool, then serve.
How to Reheat Injera Using an Air Fryer
Follow these steps to reheat injera using an air fryer.
- Place the injera side by side on a baking rack
- Place the rack inside the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to a temperature of 390°F and heat the bread for three to four minutes. For a conventional air fryer, set the temperature to 350°F and allow the bread to heat for four to five minutes.
- Once the bread is heated through, remove it from the air fryer.
- Serve your bread with any stew or sauce of your choice.