How to Reheat Halal Guys Sandwich [6 Easy Ways]
The Halal guys are famous for their delicious and highly popular halal food. Their signature meals are the halal platter and their sandwiches while their white sauce is all the rage. If you have some Halal Guys leftovers you may want to know how to reheat them preserving the flavor and texture of the food.
To reheat Halal Guys sandwich, you have several options. You can use an oven, microwave, stovetop, and many other reheating options. You will need to take care not to spill the fillings and sauces. Your settings should ensure the bread isn’t too hard nor the fillings overcooked.
Follow our guide on reheating Halal Guys sandwich for tips on how to retain the flavor of the sauces and toppings while delivering a hot crunchy or moist bread, depending on your preferences.
Microwaves are convenient, easy to use, and almost every house or apartment has one. They offer the quickest way to reheat Halal Guys sandwich at home. The steps to take are:
- Put a little bit of water in a small side dish. This helps provide moisture so the Halal Guys bread doesn’t become too dry when reheating.
- Line the microwave plate with a layer of paper towels.
- Place the Halal Guys sandwich onto the microwave plate.
- Cover the sandwich with another piece of paper towel.
- Lightly drizzle the top paper towel with a little spray of water. This will keep the bread moist. Too much water may make the sauces watery and the toppings soggy.
- Set the microwave temperature to low and the timer to 20 seconds.
- Serve while hot.
Reheating a Halal Guy sandwich in a standard oven takes the following steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the Halal Guy sandwich in aluminum foil. Make the edges of the wrap air tight
- Once the oven has completely warmed up, place the wrapped sandwich inside for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich and unwrap to serve while it’s hot.
The stovetop offers another easy and convenient way to reheat a Halal Guys sandwich. The steps are:
- Light your stovetop to medium high heat.
- Lightly spray some non-stick spray on a cast iron skillet. If you use a non-stick skillet, don’t use the non-stick spray.
- Place the skillet on the stovetop to warm up.
- Wrap the Halal Guys sandwich in aluminum foil. This helps retain moisture so the bread doesn’t become too dry and also keeps the fillings and sauces from falling or dripping out.
- Once the pan has evenly warmed up, place the sandwich inside and cover with a lid.
- After three minutes, reduce the heat to medium low.
- Leave the sandwich in for another couple of minutes.
- Turn off the stovetop, remove the sandwich, unwrap and serve.
4. Panini Press
The panini press is a handy kitchen appliance when it comes to quickly reheating Halal Guys sandwiches. No need for wrapping the sandwich in foils and baking sheets. It’s just place and press. Here are the short steps to take.
- Switch on the panini press.
- Lightly butter the surface of the bread of the Halal Guys sandwich.
- Place the sandwich on the grate.
- Close the lid and press firmly but don’t apply too much pressure.
- After two minutes raise the lid and inspect the sandwich. If it has warmed up sufficiently, serve.
5. Slow Cooker
A slow cooker is a wonderful innovation and works great in reheating Halal Guys sandwiches, especially if you have several sandwiches or you think you might not eat the sandwich immediately after reheating. The steps are:
- Lightly brush a thin layer of olive oil or butter on the bread.
- Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil. Make the wrap airtight so moisture from the slow cooker doesn’t penetrate and make the sandwich soggy.
- Place a trivet inside the slow cooker.
- Pour some water to go under the trivet. Ensure the level of the water isn’t high enough to touch the bottom of the trivet.
- Place your wrapped sandwich on the trivet.
- Close the slow cooker lid and switch on at low temperature set for ten minutes.
- You can eat the Halal Guys sandwich once the ten minutes are up or you can leave it inside. The slow cooker will keep the sandwich warm for another 30 minutes without overcooking it.
6. Sandwich Maker
A sandwich maker, toastie maker, or waffle iron works just as easily as a panini press when it comes to reheating your Halal Guys sandwich. The steps are:
- Remove the Halal Guys sandwich from its packaging or any wrappings.
- Place the sandwich inside the sandwich maker. If the sandwich is too long you may cut it into two to four pieces.
- Place each piece in its own section of the sandwich maker.
- Turn on the sandwich maker and close the lid.
- Give it a few minutes, just like you would when making sandwiches.
- The result is a freshly warmed sandwich with tightly closed edges so the toppings and sauces won’t easily drip out.