Are you curious as to how to reheat funnel cake to bring back its yummy bliss? Then this is for you. Make sure you read till the end.
Funnel cakes are stapled treats at carnivals, fairs, and amusement parks. This dessert is made by pouring batter through a funnel and deep-frying in hot oil. The end result is a crisp, golden-brown spiral-shaped cake that is usually served with plenty of powdered sugar. If you are a cake lover, you will love my other article on how to reheat cake.
Funnel cakes are usually served and sold at fairs. However, you can skip the fair and decide to make them at home. It is possible that you made too much or brought more than you could eat from a carnival. Whatever the reason, you can keep your leftover funnel cake and reheat it at a later time. And I will show you how in the article.
Methods Of Reheating Funnel Cake
One of the best things about funnel cakes is their crunchiness, and any reheating process aims to get it to be as crisp as it was when it was freshly made. There are many ways to achieve this, but the best way to reheat funnel cake to that crispy delight is in the oven.
How to Reheat Funnel Cake in Oven
This is my personal best method of how to reheat funnel cake because you will have your cake crunchy and tasty like it is freshly made. Moreso, it is the best choice if you want to reheat a large number of funnel cakes.
- Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to remove any sugar on the cake to avoid any unpleasant taste due to burnt sugar.
- Put the funnel cake on a non-stick baking pan, and place it in the oven.
- Place the funnel cakes on the pan and space them properly.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until they become crisp.
- Closely watch the cake to avoid overheating.
- When it is sufficiently warm, serve it with your desired toppings.
How to Reheat Funnel Cake in Air fryer
This is also an excellent method of how to reheat funnel cake because you will get that crispy funnel cake you so desire. The hot air in the air fryer is evenly distributed, as such, it helps to restore the original taste and texture of the funnel cake (Just like in the oven, make sure to remove excess sugar to avoid an unpleasant taste).
- Preheat your air fryer to about 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the funnel cake in the fryer and space them properly for proper air circulation and even heating.
- Let the cake heat for about four minutes and check it
- If it is not yet thoroughly warmed, reheat it for another two minutes until you are satisfied with the result.
- Once it is well heated, remove the funnel cakes from the fryer using a kitchen tong, and serve them.
How to Reheat Funnel Cake in Microwave
You can reheat your funnel cake in a microwave, but the result might not be as good as the methods explained above. There is the danger of your cake being a gooey mess. However, if you are short on time and the resulting texture is not a big deal, you can use it.
- Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe bowl
- Put the funnel cake in the bowl and cover it with a plate or another paper towel
- Put the microwave-safe bowl in the microwave and warm it for 30 seconds at intervals
- Turn the cake over and warm it for 30 seconds again at intervals until it is well heated
- When you are satisfied with the result, remove it and enjoy it however you like it.
How to Enjoy Reheated Funnel Cakes
A funnel cake is not exactly a cake; in fact, it tastes more like fried doughnuts. It has so earned its name because its crispy fried dough is made using a funnel. That said, there are many things you can combine with your funnel cake to enjoy it better.
Funfetti Funnel Cakes – Consider topping your funnel cake with sprinkles and vanilla frosting.
Strawberry Funnel Cakes – Homemade strawberry sauce and powdered sugar are a fine (pun intended!) way to top your funnel cake.
Cream cheese Frosting Funnel Cake – Add a little tinge of tang to your funnel cake using this frosting.
Cheerwine Funnel Cake – Add some thick Cheerwine glaze and a heap of powdered sugar to your funnel cake
Caramel Apple Funnel Cake – Top off your funnel cake with caramel apple sauce and enjoy a royal treat!
Easy S’mores Funnel Cake – Enjoy your funnel cake with hot fudge, graham crackers, and marshmallows. An absolute delight!
Churro Funnel Cake – Take your tastebuds on a journey to Disneyland by topping your funnel cakes with whipped cream, caramel, and cinnamon sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze funnel cake?
Yes, you can freeze your funnel cake and keep them for up to three months. It is best to place them in individual airtight containers before freezing.
How can I enjoy my reheated funnel cake?
You can have some powdered sugar, jelly, jam, chocolate, cinnamon, fresh fruit, syrup, ice cream, or icing sugar with your funnel cake.
Can I reheat funnel cake in an air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat funnel cake in an air fryer. An air fryer is one of the ways to reheat your cake to achieve a crisp result. Moreso, it is a new and healthier method of cooking.
Should I store my funnel cake?
Funnel cakes are best eaten fresh. However, if you need to store some leftovers, put them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can then follow any of the above methods on how to reheat funnel cake.