How to Reheat Frozen Quiche to Perfection (3 Best Ways)
How to reheat frozen quiche? We know that quiches are not that hard to make, and with a combination of eggs, meat, cheese, and veggies, it’s easy to see why they are a fan favorite. They can be enjoyed as a breakfast main dish or as a side completed with something special like Scotch Eggs or Sous Vide Eggs.
Whether you enjoy them fresh out of the oven or as leftovers, these dishes are easy to customize and tailor to any taste! Luckily, quiches freeze well and are perfect for reheating later. I’m sure at this point you are thinking what is the best way to warm up these tasty dishes from the fridge or freezer?
There are several ways to reheat frozen quiche and warm up your leftovers, but an oven is the best option. You can also use a microwave or a toaster. Using an oven takes a lot of time, so a microwave or toaster is an excellent alternative if you are short on time.
Retaining the quality and taste of quiche being reheated is essential. This article aims to give you a step-by-step guide on how to reheat quiche and warm it up for a tasty and nutritious breakfast anytime! Also, you need to know how to store quiche properly to keep it as fresh and delicious as the day you made it. Read on to learn more.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using an Oven
Seeing as quiches are made using an oven, it is a no-brainer that you can just as well heat them using an oven. Yes, using an oven would take longer, but you will not regret your choice with the fantastic quality and taste you get. When you reheat quiche in an oven, you lock in all the natural flavors and textures that make this dish so impressive in the first place!
The great thing about using an oven is that you can reheat your quiche frozen without having to let it thaw out. This reduces the advanced prep time needed and makes it easier to rewarm your meal while you do other household chores or work. Simply placing your quiche in the oven and setting the time is about as low an effort as you can get.
Aside from retaining your quiche’s original flavor and moist filling, the oven also maintains the crust’s flaky texture. Also, you can easily have more than one durable quiche dish in the oven simultaneously, making this a great way to prep for a big family meal or party with friends. It is easy to reheat quiche and enjoy it later using this method.
You also need to make sure that the quiche is covered with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
To reheat quiche in an oven, follow these simple steps:
- Take out the quantity of quiche you wish to reheat from the fridge or freezer.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. – adjusted if needed for altitude fluctuations.
- Place the quiche on an oven-safe plate. Cover the dish with aluminum foil to lock in moisture and keep the quiche from getting hard.
- Put the plate in the oven, on a center rack, in the middle of the oven.
- Heat for about 15 to 20 minutes for a cold quiche out of the fridge or for up to 35 to 40 minutes if it is fully frozen. However, heat the quiche for 30 to 35 minutes if frozen.
- When the quiche is hot through the center and starting to bubble slightly, remove it from the oven and let it sit covered with the foil for another 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, cut, and serve.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using a Microwave
Who doesn’t love the convenience of a microwave? You can use it to heat up meals in no time, and you can find it even in places you can’t find an oven, like an office or small home or apartment It is a real life-saver and can be a great way to quickly reheat quiche that you have stored away in your fridge or freezer.
Granted, you won’t get the same fantastic texture and taste as if you could reheat quiche in an oven. This is because the condition of the quiche itself will change somewhat because of the cooking process and the quiche plates and dishes used. However, with the proper steps, you can still end up with a pretty good reheated quiche, and it is better than not being able to eat at all if a microwave is your only option But a pro tip, you do not always want to follow package directions such as the Cosco quiche cooking instructions and reheating directions.
Here’s how to reheat frozen quiche using a microwave:
- First, you need to defrost the quiche. This can be done by thawing it in the fridge overnight or using your microwave’s defrost option.
- Place your defrosted quiche on a microwave-safe plate and put it in the middle of the turn table
- Set your microwave to 50% power, so your eggs do not overcook and turn rubbery as you reheat quiche dishes.
- Warm the quiche for three to four minutes.
- Take the quiche out of the microwave and let it sit for about a minute so that heat can distribute evenly. If your meal is not hot enough, you can reheat it for another 30 seconds.
- Check your quiche every 30 seconds to avoid overheating and overcooking.
- Serve your delicious quiche and enjoy the next best thing if you can’t reheat quiche in an oven.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using a Toaster
You can use a toaster as a last resort when you don’t have a microwave and can’t reheat quiche in an oven. It works just as fast as a microwave in reheating your quiche and gives results similar to using an oven. In some ways, it is the best of both worlds, though you will sacrifice some flavor and texture components of the oven as well as the convenient time factor of the microwave.
Most people do not use a toaster to reheat quiche because you can only use it on a firm quiche that will not crumble and fall apart easily when reheating. With that said, a toaster reheats quiche better than a microwave, but it is more susceptible to burning and drying out.
To reheat quiche in a toaster:
- First, get your quiche to room temperature by thawing it as you would when using the microwave.
- Turn on your toaster and put it on the medium heat setting.
- Place your quiche in the toaster, keeping it as centered in the middle as possible.
- Leave the quiche for a few minutes, but watch it closely the entire time for signs it is warm and slightly browned. If you leave the quiche for even 30 seconds too long, it could easily burn.
- Check the temperature and when warm all the way through, serve your quiche and enjoy.
How to Store Quiche
Storing quiche properly will help when it’s time to reheat it. You can store your quiche in the freezer whole or in slices for easier reheating. Your quiche should last for several months in the freezer, which is why knowing how to reheat frozen quiche is so important!
Here’s how to store quiche so it is ready to go when those cravings hit:
- Let your quiche cool to room temperature. Do not cover the quiche as it cools to avoid a soggy crust.
- Once it is fully cool, place your quiche in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil.
- Make sure it is fully sealed and no air can get to the quiche.
- Place the wrapped quiche in the freezer.
And that is what you need to know about how to reheat frozen quiche and enjoy leftovers. With these steps in mind, you can easily make, enjoy, store, and reheat quiche any time you want!