Quiches are not that hard to make, and with a combination of eggs, meat, cheese, and veggies, it’s easy to see why they are a fan favourite. Luckily, quiches freeze well and are perfect for reheating later. So, how does one reheat frozen quiches?
There are several ways to reheat frozen quiche, but an oven is the best option. You can also use a microwave or a toaster. Using an oven takes a lot of time, so a microwave or toaster is an excellent alternative if you are short on time.
Retaining the quality and taste of frozen quiche is important, which is why this article covers the exact steps to achieve that goal. Also, you need to know how to store quiche properly. Read on to find out all there is to know about reheating quiches.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using an Oven
Seeing as quiches are made using an oven, it is a no-brainer that you can just as well heat them using an oven. Yes, using an oven would take longer, but you will not regret your choice with the fantastic quality and taste you get.
The great thing about using an oven is that you can reheat your quiche frozen without having to let it thaw out.
Aside from retaining your quiche’s original flavor and moist filling, the oven also maintains the crust’s flaky texture. Also, you can heat more quiche than you.
You also need to make sure that the quiche is covered with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
To reheat your quiche in an oven:
- Take out the quantity of quiche you wish to reheat from the fridge or freezer.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the quiche on an oven-safe plate. Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the quiche from losing moisture.
- Put the plate in the oven.
- Heat the meal for about 15 to 20 minutes if the quiche was in the fridge. However, heat the quiche for 30 to 35 minutes if frozen.
- When the quiche is perfectly hot, ensure you let it sit covered with the foil for about 15 minutes.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using a Microwave
Who doesn’t love the convenience of a microwave? You can use it to heat up meals in no time, and you can find it even in places you can’t find an oven, like an office.
Granted, you won’t get the same fantastic texture and taste as if you used an oven. I don’t recommend using a microwave because the eggs in your quiche can end up rubbery. However, with the proper steps, you can still end up with a pretty good reheated quiche.
Here’s how to reheat frozen quiche using a microwave:
- First, you need to defrost the quiche, and you can do this by thawing it in the fridge overnight or using your microwave’s defrost option.
- Place your quiche on a microwave-safe plate.
- Set your microwave to 50% power. You do this to keep your eggs from getting that rubbery texture and stay fluffy.
- Warm the quiche for three minutes.
- Take the quiche out of the microwave and let it sit for about a minute so that heat can distribute evenly. If your meal is not hot enough, you can reheat for another 30 seconds.
- Serve your delicious quiche.
How to Reheat Frozen Quiche Using a Toaster
You can use a toaster as a last resort when you don’t have an oven or a microwave handy. It works just as fast as a microwave in reheating your quiche and gives results similar to using an oven.
Most people do not use a toaster because you can only use it on a firm quiche less likely to crumble. With that said, a toaster reheats quiche better than a microwave, but be careful not to let the quiche burn.
To reheat quiche in a toaster:
- First, get your quiche to room temperature by thawing it in the fridge or defrosting it in the microwave.
- Turn on your toaster and place it a medium heat.
- Place your quiche in the toaster.
- Leave the quiche for a few minutes, but ensure to keep watching it until it is hot enough. If you leave the quiche for even 30 seconds too long, your meal could burn.
- Serve your quiche.
How to Store Quiche
Storing quiche properly will help when it’s time to reheat it. You can store your quiche in the freezer whole or in slices for easier reheating. Your quiche should last for several months in the freezer.
Here’s how to store quiche:
- Let your quiche cool to room temperature. Do not cover the quiche as it cools to avoid a soggy crust.
- Once it is cool, place your quiche in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped quiche in the freezer.