It is possible to reheat egg rolls in air fryer and get the perfect crispy result like when you got them fresh. Let me show you how!
Who doesn’t love a yummy appetizer? I’m sure you can recall many yummy crunchy treats while growing up! One such treat might have been egg rolls. Whether on a day out with your Mom to the grocery store or an order from your favorite Chinese restaurant, a nice crisp egg roll can certainly make your day.
(Although egg rolls are usually mistaken for spring rolls, they are different. Check out my article on how to reheat Vietnamese spring rolls!)
While egg rolls can come in wide varieties, they are typically moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. If you bought a dozen egg rolls to eat for later, you definitely cannot enjoy them cold. Using an air fryer is the best way to reheat egg rolls if you want to preserve the savory taste of this popular comfort food.
This article explains why you should reheat egg rolls in air fryer and how to go about it. You will also understand important things like storing your egg rolls for later and how to reheat frozen egg rolls.
If you want to expand your horizons and learn to reheat many different foods like a maestro, then check out my in-depth article on the subject of reheating.
If you’re ready…Shall we?
Why should You Use An Airfryer
These are why most food connoisseurs believe it best to reheat egg rolls in air fryer.
- It is quick and easy
- It preserves the taste of the egg rolls
- It prevents burning and overcooking
- It keeps the egg rolls crispy
- It is healthier than other reheating methods
Exactly How to Reheat Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
1. Put the leftover egg rolls in the air fryer basket.
2. Pour some extra virgin olive oil into a sprayer. This Evo Oil Sprayer is perfect for this if you do not have one.
3. Spray some of the oil on the egg rolls to achieve a crispy texture.
4. Air fry the rolls for about five minutes at about 360 degrees Fahrenheit until they turn golden brown
Ensure there is enough space between the egg rolls for uniform heating
5. Turn the egg roll over, spray with oil, and cook further for 3 minutes.
6. Confirm the egg rolls are sizzling hot in the middle before serving.
Egg rolls filled with meat or fish can be reheated once. If you plan to reheat more than once, consider buying egg rolls with vegetable fillings like carrots, shredded onions, and green onions.
Are There Other Ways to Reheat Egg Rolls?
Yes, there are. But you get the best result when you reheat egg rolls in air fryer. Below are the other methods of reheating egg rolls and the results to expect from using them:
- A skillet: Extra crispiness
- An oven or toaster: Very convenient and gives a satisfactory (although less crispy) result.
- In a microwave: This is considered the worst method because it won’t give the crispy result you want.
- Deep frying: It is okay, but your egg roll might end up a tad too oily.
How to Store my Egg Rolls for Later
- Make sure they cool down to room temperature
- Remove excess oil using a paper towel
- Place a paper towel at the base of an airtight container and put the leftover egg rolls in it.
- Ensure they are properly spaced, then seal the container.
- Place the container in the fridge. Do not store them for more than five days
Heavy-duty freezer bags work as well.
If you want your egg rolls to last longer, you can store them in the freezer.
How to Freeze Leftover Egg Rolls
1. Cool the egg rolls to room temperature.
2. Place plastic wrap on a baking sheet.
3. Place the egg rolls on the baking sheet and put them in the freezer until they are frozen. This is called (flash freezing)
4. When they are frozen, place them in a heavy-duty freezer bag, and suck out all the air.
5. Seal the bag, label it, and put it in the freezer.
Although they may not retain their crunchiness, frozen egg rolls can stay fresh for up to three months in the freezer.
How to Reheat Frozen Egg Rolls
An air fryer is ideal for reheating your frozen egg rolls. Transfer the frozen egg rolls to the air fryer and cook as described above. Make sure not to thaw your rolls before reheating, so they don’t get soggy.
You can enjoy your hot and sizzling egg rolls with Kikkoman Dipping Sauce for a more satisfying meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are spring rolls and egg rolls the same?
No, they are not. They are usually mistaken for themselves because they look alike. However, they have different fillings and sizes. Egg rolls are generally bigger than spring rolls. Also, the wheat-based wrapper of egg rolls is thicker than the rice-based wrapper of spring rolls
How long can I cook frozen egg rolls in an air fryer?
This depends on whether you want them crispy or not, but it shouldn’t take more than 16 minutes. Cook either side of the rolls for 8 minutes if you want them crispy. However, if you don’t, you can cook one side for 8 minutes, and it’ll be just fine.
Can I reheat egg rolls in air fryer more than once?
This depends on the type of filling in the egg rolls. Meat and fish fillings can only be reheated once. However, you can reheat egg rolls in air fryer more than once if they contain vegetable fillings.
How long can I keep egg rolls in the refrigerator?
Egg rolls should not stay more than four days in the fridge. If you want them to last longer, consider freezing them.
Can I reheat egg rolls in a microwave?
Yes, you can reheat egg rolls in a microwave. But it is not recommended because it would leave your egg rolls dry, and you might not like it. It is best to reheat egg rolls in air fryer.