Who doesn’t love clam strips? Whether you serve them with a side of tartar sauce or French fries, you are bound to enjoy the meal. However, what do you do when your strips get cold or just take them out of the refrigerator? You need to reheat them.
You can reheat your clam strips using an oven, an air fryer, a stovetop, or a microwave. It takes less than 20 minutes to reheat the strips, regardless of the method you use.
This article will show you how to reheat your clam strips, as well as a few helpful tips you need to know.
How to Reheat Clam Strips Using an Oven
Using an oven may take longer than other methods, but it is the best way because you get a fresh crispy meal in the end. The great thing about using an oven is that it helps you get rid of excess oil in your dish.
To reheat your clam strips in an oven:
- Remove your strips from the fridge or freezer and allow them to reach room temperature. You do this to ensure your strips heat up evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the strips in a baking dish or broiler pan.
- Leave the strips in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If 15 minutes is not enough, you can leave the strips in a little longer. However, you should keep an eye on them so that they won’t get burned.
- Carefully take out the baking dish or broiler pan using a cloth or oven mitts.
- Use tongs to remove the strips from the dish or pan to a plate.
How to Reheat Clam Strips Using an Air Fryer
Using an air fryer works just as well as using an oven. It will help to reduce the oiliness of your strips while heating them without getting them drying out or getting soggy.
Here is how to reheat clam strips in the air fryer:
- Remove the clam strips from the fridge or freezer and let them sit till they reach room temperature.
- Next, preheat the air fryer at between 350 to 400°F.
- Put the clam strips in the air fryer basket. Ensure you don’t place any strip on top of another so they can heat up evenly.
- Leave the clam strips in the air fryer for about three to five minutes. Make sure to check them and shake the basket every minute or two to avoid burning.
- Use tongs to remove the heated clam strips from the air fryer onto a plate.
How to Reheat Clam Strips Using a Stove
You can always use your stovetop if you do not have an oven or air fryer. This method works just as well as any other, and you still end up with crispy strips.
Here is how to reheat clam strips using a stove:
- Leave your clam strips out till they get to room temperature.
- Add vegetable or canola oil to your skillet or pan till it covers the bottom.
- Heat the oil to about 400°F.
- Gently place the strips in the pan. Ensure you put them in a single layer.
- Fry the strips for about one minute on medium heat, then turn them. Afterward, fry for another minute. Be careful not to brown the strips; Afterall, they are already cooked.
- Remove the clam strips from the pan and onto paper towels to drain the oil.
- Afterward, transfer them onto a plate.
How to Reheat Clam Strips Using a Microwave
You can use a microwave to reheat your clam strips, but this should be a last resort. Using a microwave to heat up your strips once is okay, but more than that will leave them soggy and possibly unpleasant to taste.
However, if you have no other option, here are steps to reheat clam strips using a microwave:
- Place your clam strips on a microwave-safe container and into the microwave.
- Set the microwave on medium heat and leave for about 2 minutes. You can keep heating at 30-second intervals if the strips are not hot enough. Remember that the more you microwave the strips, the soggier they get.
- Remove the strips from the microwave and serve.
Tips for Reheating Clam Strips
- To ensure heat is evenly distributed, make sure not to pile the strips on top of each other. You should take note of this tip regardless of the method you use.
- Do not cover or wrap your clam strips with any material when reheating. If you do, the steam will make the strips soggy.
- Be sure to let the strips from the fridge or freezer sit out till they reach room temperature before you start reheating them. This will go a long way in ensuring the heat is spread evenly among the strips.
- Try not to reheat clam strips more than once because they tend to lose quality in taste and texture.