You may be having those moments where you have extra chicken curry, and you know very well, wasting such delicious food is a no. If you have some left, it can take you several days, all you have to do is reheat it anytime you want to eat, and there are several ways you can do this. So, how do you reheat chicken curry?
Reheating your chicken curry using an oven, microwave, or stovetop will give you the best results. There are, of course, other viable methods, but these are the methods that should make your curry taste as great as fresh.
Usually, you can store your chicken curry in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days, then reheat it, and it will still be good to go. This article discusses the various methods you can use to reheat your chicken curry, as well as the steps involved. Let’s dive in!
How to Reheat Chicken Curry Using Oven
It is possible to reheat the chicken curry in the oven. The main thing that matters here is how you do it. So, here is what you should do!
- To reheat your chicken curry, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the oven is hot, Line the oven dish with some aluminium foil. The dish must be oven-safe, so place your chicken curry here and cover it with aluminium foil. Covering it ensures that it is not overly dry by the end of it all.
- Place the dish in the oven and allow it to heat for about 15 minutes. Ensure you check from time to time to ensure all the chicken is heated all through. You either eyeball or use an ovenproof thermometer to check whether it’s properly heated.
- You can now remove the dish and remove the aluminium foil.
- Allow it to cool for five minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Chicken Curry Using Microwave
One of the most common ways for reheating chicken curry is by using a microwave. To do this:
- Place the chicken curry in a microwave-safe dish. Avoid using metallic dishes if you are using the microwave.
- Ensure you cover the dish with the dish lid, paper towel or a microwave-safe cover. Covering ensures that the curry does not splash out and distributes heat evenly around it.
- Set the heat of the microwave to medium-high. The chicken curry should heat for about 10 minutes.
- Ensure you stop the microwave every two or three minutes to stir it as it reheats. Such ensure that the heat is evenly distributed to all parts of the chicken curry.
- After you are satisfied with the heat, you can stop the microwave and remove the dish. It Is now ready for serving.
How to Reheat Chicken Curry Using Stove Top
Well, using a stovetop to reheat your chicken curry is pretty straightforward. You will be doing it almost the same way you reheat any other food. To reheat:
- Start by putting some butter or oil into a non-stick pan, just a little bit of it. Ensure that your pan is large enough so that the whole curry can fit, and also it will make your stirring easier.
- Light up the stove to allow the butter to melt down or the oil to heat.
- Add your chicken curry into the pan and cover it up with a lead. Ensure you heat it in medium-high heat.
- Allow the chicken curry to heat for about 7 to 15 minutes. Ensure you stir it frequently, not burn, and ensure all parts get the heat.
- After the chicken curry is adequately heated, you can remove the pan out of the stovetop and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
How to Reheat Chicken Curry in an Electric Wok
The electric work provides you with an easy way to reheat your chicken curry. This is how you do it:
- Ensure you first oil the dish from where you will be reheating the chicken curry. If the dish is non-stick, then there’s no need to do this. You want to make sure that the chicken curry does not stick into the pan.
- Connect the wok into the switch. Then set the temperature you want. It can either be medium-high or medium. Ensure it is just enough to reheat the chicken curry well.
- Put the chicken curry in the wok and cover it with a lid.
- As it cooks, stir it repeatedly to ensure that it heats all through. If your wok is non-stick, you should stir it with a plastic tool so that it does not scratch it.
- Once you are okay with the heat, you can now switch off the wok and allow the chicken curry to cool a little bit.
Is It Safe to Reheat the Chicken Curry Using a Microwave?
It is safe to heat your chicken curry in the microwave just as it is with any other food. All you have to do is stir it throughout to heat evenly. Also, you have to use a microwave-safe dish and do not over-heat it.