Chicken and rice is without question one of the most common meals globally. Almost everyone loves a plate of chicken and rice. This meal is eaten both on regular and special days. After enjoying a delicious place and having some are leftovers, it is only fitting to learn how to store and reheat chicken and rice.
To reheat your rice and chicken, you can use an oven, a microwave, or a stove. You should separate the chicken and rice before reheating.
This article will walk you through the steps involved in reheating chicken and rice. These steps are fast and easy to follow.
How to Reheat Rice
Freshly made rice is often fluffy, and the goal is to retain this texture even after reheating. There are different ways to reheat rice, and here are some of the best ways to do this.
How to Reheat Rice in a Microwave
- Remove rice from the refrigerator.
- Put the quantity you need on a microwave-safe plate.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to the rice. The quantity of rice you want to reheat should determine the amount of water you add to it. Too much water might ruin the texture of your rice.
- Cover the plate with a moist paper towel.
- Put the plate back into the microwave.
- Reheat rice in the microwave for three to four minutes on medium heat.
- Use a food thermometer to check the temperature; anything above 165°F is fine.
How to Reheat Rice in an Oven
Follow the steps below to reheat your leftover rice with an oven.
- Take out rice from the storage facility, then pour it into an oven tray. The tray should be heat resistant.
- Separate the clumps of rice using a spoon or spatula and spread the rice evenly across the tray.
- Drizzle water over the surface of the water. Doing this will keep it from burning and drying out.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Set the oven to a temperature of 300°F.
- Put the tray into the oven and heat for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Check the rice to know if it is well heated.
- Remove the tray and transfer rice into a dish plate.
How to Reheat Rice on a Stove
You can also reheat leftover rice using a stove, and here is how:
- Transfer the rice into a skillet and add water. Add at least two tablespoons of water per cup of rice.
- Set the stove to low heat and place the pan on it.
- Cover the pan and allow the rice to heat for three to five minutes.
- Stir the rice often until heat is evenly distributed.
- Once the rice is heated through, turn off the stove and dish.
How to Reheat Chicken
There are different ways to reheat the chicken. Here are some ways to do so without drying out the chicken.
How to Reheat Chicken Using a Stove
- If the chicken is quite large, cut it into smaller bits for easy reheating. Reheating a large piece of chicken will take longer than smaller ones.
- Set the stove to low heat.
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove and heat for a few seconds.
- Pour oil and chicken broth into the pan. This will keep the chicken tender after reheating.
- Place each piece of chicken in the pan and leave some space between them.
- Stir the chicken as it gets hot to prevent it from burning.
- Turn off the stove once the chicken is well heated.
How to Reheat Chicken Using a Microwave
- Cut the chicken into small sizes, especially the chicken breast and thighs.
- Place the chicken pieces in a microwave-friendly container and space them out.
- Add two or three tablespoons of chicken broth. Add more if you have a large quantity of chicken.
- Cover the tray with a damp paper towel to trap moisture.
- Put the container inside the microwave and heat for one minute on high heat. Heat the chicken a little longer if not hot enough. You can leave it in much longer if the chicken is frozen, but ensure to check on it regularly.
- Bring out and serve.
How to Reheat Chicken Using an Oven
Here is how to reheat chicken with the use of an oven:
- Allow chicken to defrost, then cut into small sizes.
- Get an oven pan and put the sliced chicken into it. Do not lay them close to each other.
- Pour a little water or broth into the pan before you cover it.
- Cover the pan with a well-fitted lid or aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature range of 425°F to 475°F.
- Place the pan in the oven and heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken once it is hot enough.