How to Reheat Biscuits?
Biscuits are quite versatile. You can use them as a bun replacement or dunk them in some gravy and mashed potatoes to eat them. But, making the perfect biscuit at home can be tedious. This is the reason why people tend to make big batches of biscuits in one go. Do you want to reheat your favorite snack- tater tots?
But, how long do these biscuits last? To be fair, they have a different shelf life, depending on the way they are stored. In case you are keeping them in the freezer, they’ll stay good for longer.
To be honest, you can still enjoy the fresh out of the oven taste of the biscuits if you know how to reheat biscuits. That is what makes all the difference. Irrespective of whether you do it in a pan or even in an oven, the results are promising, and you wouldn’t feel like they are a week old.
Combine the art of proper storage and reheating, and you have a brand new and fresh biscuit to enjoy. If you have been curious about that, we have some amazing insights lined up for you.
Storage Tips for Biscuits at Home
Before we jump straight into discussing how to reheat biscuits, we must talk about the storage options. If you don’t store your biscuits the right way, they will likely go bad faster.
There are a few ways that you can store them. We have listed out the top 3 ways.
How Do You Store Biscuits in the Cupboard?
If you know that you will end up devouring all your biscuits within 3-5 days, storing them in the cupboard is more than enough. They will stay fresh and completely fine for the coming few days, provided that you have kept them in the right container.
- Aside from the airtight containers, another way that works well is ziplock bags. You can store multiple at once or store individual biscuits in each bag to keep them as fresh as possible and prevent the air from entering into the bags.
- In case you are storing them in bulk, avoid opening them very frequently because that again affects the freshness of the biscuits.
- Another important factor to keep notes of is the humidity of the cupboard. You want to keep it in a cool and dry cupboard. If the cupboard is humid, it will affect the quality of your biscuits and make them go bad easily.
How Do You Store Biscuits in the Fridge?
Storing your biscuits in the fridge helps keep them in good condition for a longer time. That is the case because it creates an optimally cold temperature around them that helps ensure long-lasting freshness.
- In case you are storing them in the fridge, you want to store them in an airtight container. The reason why this is necessary is that the biscuits will otherwise absorb the smell from the food inside your fridge.
- Baked biscuits last for a week inside the fridge while the unbaked ones will last you a day. So, be careful with how long you keep them inside.
How Do You Store Biscuits in a Freezer?
If you want to extend your biscuits’ shelf life to the maximum, freezing them is the best option. But, frozen biscuits come with their share of disadvantages too. Freezing makes the biscuits extremely fragile and they can break apart when you try to get them out of the box.
- In case you don’t want that happening, one of the best ways to cope with that is by ensuring that you pack each biscuit in a separate bag and then freeze them. This makes it a lot easier and keeps them fresh for longer too.
- Aside from the ziplock bags, foil, cling wraps, and wax paper work well too.
- Be sure to thaw your biscuits in the fridge after taking them out of the freezer and then reheat them.
Best Ways to Reheat Biscuits
Now that we have sorted you out with some of the best ways to store biscuits, the next thing on the agenda is to discuss the best ways of reheating biscuits.
There are four different approaches that you can look into. They include:
- Heating on a pan
- Heating in a microwave
- Heating in an oven
- Heating in a toaster oven
Depending on what is available for you, you can pick the step that you like the best. With everything available, reheating biscuits will bring life back into them. Make sure to always follow the steps as mentioned down below.
Let us take a quick rundown on how to reheat biscuits, shall we?
How to Reheat Biscuits on a Pan?
In case you have stored the biscuits in the freezer, make sure to thaw them in the fridge first before you heat them on a pan.
- Start by heating the pan on a low flame.
- If you have every biscuit wrapped in aluminum foil, we would suggest you leave it on.
- Place the biscuits on the pan with the aluminum foil on and keep the flame low.
- Make sure to flip the biscuits every minute to avoid burning them.
- It is best always to keep an eye out, and when you can smell the biscuits, they are likely done.
- You must keep the flame of the stovetop to a low heat setting to prevent the biscuit from drying out.
How to Reheat Biscuits in a Microwave?
After a stovetop, the next most convenient option is using a microwave. It is easy, handy, and doesn’t require any kind of assistance throughout the process.
- Start by soaking two kitchen towels in some water and wring the excess out.
- Place one of the wet towels on the baking tray and place the biscuits on them.
- You can also use a big towel and wrap the biscuits in them. Do whatever is easy for you.
- The damp towel helps keep the biscuits moist throughout the reheating process.
- If you don’t have a baking tray, you can use a microwave-safe container to keep the biscuits wrapped in a towel and heat them.
- Reheat the biscuits on the highest microwave setting for 4 minutes.
- Once done, take them out and serve them.
How to Reheat Biscuits in an Oven?
Reheating biscuits in an oven is probably the most commonly used method. It saves you a lot of time and lets you control the reheating process’s heat and pace. The steps are pretty simple too.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once done, you can take out a baking tray and line them with some parchment paper.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet, ensuring that they are not touching each other.
- Reheat the biscuits for around 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the biscuits.
- Once done, you can take them out of the oven, remove any tin foil if you had any and serve them.
How to Reheat Biscuits in a Toaster Oven?
Reheating the biscuits in a toaster oven works best for the college students living in a dorm. Just because you are in a dorm doesn’t mean you can’t try some amazing buttery and flaky biscuit.
- Start by taking out the biscuits from the storage. We would suggest you cover individual biscuits in aluminum foil for better results.
- Once you have taken them out, you can place them inside the oven and set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Reheat them for 5-10 minutes.
- Take them out once done and then remove the foil cover and serve them hot.
How to Reheat Frozen Biscuits?
If you are freezing your biscuits, it is essential that you store them individually or simply line them on a baking sheet and keep them in the freezer. It is perfect for those who want to make sure that their biscuits reheat properly in the oven.
You can either directly put the frozen biscuits for reheating, or you can let them thaw in the fridge and then bring them out for reheating.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It is crucial.
- Once it has been preheated, you can line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Line the biscuits on top of it, wrapped in a foil or even without.
- Bake the biscuits for around 10-15 minutes, depending on how big the biscuits are.
- Once done, you can brush some butter over the reheated biscuits and serve them hot.
If you were wary of how to reheat biscuits, we hope this gives you a clear understanding of the processes you can follow. Always make sure that you store your biscuits right because that is crucial.
In case they have not been stored the right way, they will not last long enough for you to reheat them. Additionally, always keep an eye out on the number of days you are keeping the biscuits. They don’t last forever, so keep a check on that.