Everyone loves a McDonald’s burger, but most people have no clue how to reheat it to maintain its tenderness and juicy taste. If you have this problem, you might be curious to find out the most recommendable and easy way to reheat a burger. Well, no worries. This article will satisfy your inquisitiveness.
The good thing is that there are many ways to reheat a McDonald’s burger without making it mushy or dry. They include: the use of a microwave, an air fryer, an oven, and a stovetop. Burgers are made of perishable food items like lettuce, so you shouldn’t store them for long since the quality deteriorates and they may no longer be safe to eat.
If you have additional questions on how to reheat your burger using the mentioned techniques, then keep reading! I will provide detailed guidelines on storing and reheating your leftover burgers.
How To Reheat A McDonald’s Burger in A Microwave
Microwaving burgers might seem like a simple task, yet it’s not. If your burger gets unevenly heated, it will become soggy, and the meat will lose its flavor. To reheat a McDonald’s burger in a microwave:
- Separate the bun from the burger patty and any raw toppings that might be there. This way, all pieces can heat evenly.
- Place the burger patty in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Flip it and repeat the same procedure.
- Line another microwave plate with paper towels, place your buns on it, then reheat for about 60 seconds.
- Let the burger patty and the bun cool for a while.
- Reassemble the pieces and enjoy your meal!
How To Reheat A McDonald’s Burger in An Air Fryer
If you do not have a microwave, the next best option is an air fryer. This method is time-saving since you can air fry four burger patties at a go. Here are some specifications on how not to dry up your burger when using an air fryer:
- Set aside the bun and burger toppings.
- Place your burger patties on the air fryer at a temperature of about 320 degrees Fahrenheit and warm them for 4 to 5 minutes.
- You may also reheat your bun, but this is not advisable because they may become crunchy.
- Lastly, reassemble your bugger and enjoy.
How To Reheat A McDonald’s Burger in An Oven
Ovens are undoubtedly the most efficient way to reheat leftover burgers. Here is how to attain evenly heated McDonald’s burgers using an oven:
- Preheat your oven to about 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove fresh salad items, such as lettuce, tomato, etc.
- Separate the buns from the burger patties and wrap them separately using aluminum foil.
- Put the bugger parties on the oven metal rack and place a pan underneath them, so your oven doesn’t get messed up.
- Reheat for three minutes.
- Flip the patties over and reheat the other side for three minutes as well.
- Place the bun together with the patties. Reheat both for approximately two minutes at a low temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the burger from the oven, re-assemble, including the salad items and enjoy!
How To Reheat A McDonald’s Burger On A Stove
Not many individuals reheat their burgers on stovetops, but it works pretty well and guarantees good results. So how do you go about it?
- As usual, you must disassemble the burger first.
- Place a pan on the stove, which should be on medium heat.
- Put the patties in the pan, cover with a lid and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the patty and heat from the other side for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove them and place them on a paper towel to drain excess moisture.
- Then put the buns on the pan and heat them for two minutes. You can add some butter to prevent them from becoming crunchy.
- Assemble your burger, add some fillings and enjoy!
How Can You Store Leftover McDonalds Burger?
It is wrong to leave a burger in an open room for hours because it will be unfit for consumption. A burger might not taste spoiled, yet it may have build-up bacteria that might jeopardize your health.
A burger should be stored in the fridge to last for 3 to 4 days. The burger can stay longer if it doesn’t have perishable fillings like vegetables; still, it is safer to eat it within the first four days. So, ensure to disassemble your burgers and put the lettuce, tomatoes, and other fillings in a separate plastic bag so they can last a little longer.
It is best to freeze a leftover McDonald’s burger because it will retain its flavor and freshness. Always wrap up the bun to prevent air exposure, thus minimizing freezer burn cases.