The Absolute 5 Best Ways How to Reheat a Burrito?
Burritos are a public favorite, especially if you want an affordable and filling meal. Irrespective of whether you make it at home or buy it at your favorite Mexican place, you will surely have leftovers. If you like making your burritos in batches and then freezing them, everything will go to waste if you don’t reheat them properly. So how to reheat a burrito?
Reheating burrito the right way is essential to maintain its flavor; similarly, reheating calzones the right way is also important to keep the texture and gooeyness. There are a few ways you can do that, the only thing you need to keep an eye out on is on the ingredients in the filling. When reheating, you want the ingredients to heat up as well. But, at the same time, you don’t want the burrito to become soggy.
Here, we will be discussing the best ways to reheat a burrito without making everything soggy.
Reheating a Burrito – Best Ways
The process of reheating often varies depending on the ingredients inside the burrito. If you have cold ingredients like guacamole and sour cream, you need to follow a particular process. We are here to help you find the best way to reheat a leftover burrito to taste just the same.
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Oven
If you have some time to spare and want perfection, place the burrito inside an oven. Not only does it heat it evenly, but it also doesn’t make the burrito shell soggy.
Steps to follow:
- Start by preheating the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Before putting the burrito inside the oven, make sure that you wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Once wrapped, place it on a baking sheet and put the burrito in the oven.
- Let it reheat for 10 or 15 minutes, depending on your liking. Keep checking halfway through it.
- Take it out once done and enjoy your fresh out of the oven burrito.
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Microwave
If you are someone who doesn’t like waiting, the microwave is your safest bet to reheat a burrito. It is convenient and fast. Be assured that you won’t have the optimal results you would have with an oven. If your burrito has sour cream learn more about if you can reheat sour cream in the microwave
If you are wondering how to cook a frozen burrito in the microwave, follow the steps on how to reheat a burrito in the microwave:
- Start by using a damp kitchen towel and cover your frozen burrito with it.
- Place it in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute on high heat.
- You can then turn the burrito over on the other side and again cover with a damp towel.
- Reheat it again for 45 seconds to a minute on high heat.
- If you want to check, take a knife and cut a small slit in the middle. If it is hot, it’s done.
- Take the burrito out and wrap it in an aluminum foil for mess-free consumption.
How to Reheat a Burrito on the Grill
Don’t be shocked. Reheating a frozen burrito on a grill is possible. Would this be a go-to option? No. But does this work? Yes.
If you are wondering how to cook a frozen burrito on the stove or grill, I have sorted you out with the steps that follow on how to reheat a burrito on the grill.
- If you are using a grill, you want to reheat the extra batch of burritos on the grill’s indirect heat side. This prevents the burrito from burning or becoming too hot from the outside, leaving the ingredients cold.
- Once you place the burrito on the grill, let it toast on one side first. If required, you can even sprinkle some water and cover it with a lid.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and then flip it over to cook on the other side.
- If you have an internal temperature reader, check till it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If it’s done, take it off the grill and enjoy it piping hot.
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Toaster Oven
If you want to know how to cook a frozen burrito in a toaster oven, then this is the second best way to reheat a burrito and that too under 5 minutes. It gives the perfect reheating results without eating away at your excessive time.
Steps to follow:
- Start by wrapping the leftover burrito in an aluminum foil.
- Put the burrito inside a toaster oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat till the insides are cooked thoroughly and are piping hot. To check, you can cut a slit in the center.
- Once done, you can take it to take it out and enjoy your fresh out of the oven burrito reheated in minutes.
How to Reheat a Burrito on a Skillet
Another amazing way to reheat a burrito is in the skillet. If your burrito has a lot of cold ingredients like guacamole and lettuce, you don’t want to do this. This will leave the outside of the burrito soggy and the taste completely ruined. If all you have is a skillet, remove the cold items first and then refold it and reheat it.
Steps to follow:
- Start by placing the skillet over a low to medium flame.
- Once it heats a little, spray some oil on the skillet.
- Place your burrito on the skillet and cover the same with a lid.
- Flip the burrito every 2-3 minutes to prevent one side from getting too brown or worse, burn.
- To check if the insides have cooked through, cut a slit in the center to check if it’s steaming.
Can You Reheat a Burrito with Guacamole?
One of the most common reasons people avoid reheating a burrito is because it leaves the burrito soggy. And, one of the main culprits is guacamole and sour cream.
If you have leftover California burrito with cheese, fries, and meat, you can reheat it directly. If you have a traditional burrito with a lot of guacamole and sour cream, you need to toss out the wet and cold ingredients.
This leaves the outside crispy without any hassle of a soggy burrito.
So, yes, you can reheat a burrito with guacamole, but you need to remove it and reheat. Once it’s done reheating, you can reopen the burrito and add the guacamole again.
What Temperature Do You Reheat Burritos?
The exact temperature is going to vary depending on the element you are reheating the frozen burritos on. Whatever the external temperature is, you need to ensure that the burrito insides are 165 degrees before you take it out.
For the oven, you can reheat it at 350 degrees. For a microwave, make sure that you reheat it at a maximum temperature of 275 degrees Fahrenheit. For a skillet or stove, you need to eyeball and keep checking. If required, you can even cover the burrito and cook it slowly without any issues but you need to be extremely vigilant.
How Do You Heat Up a Chipotle Burrito in the Microwave?
Your chipotle burrito is like any other burrito that you come across. When it comes to reheating it, the process is similar to the one we have mentioned above. In case you were wondering how to make frozen burritos taste better, you need to know the steps.
- Start by covering the burrito in a damp towel.
- Put the burrito in the microwave at 225-degree Fahrenheit for 1 minute.
- If the center is cooked and heated, take it out or put it back in for another minute.
Can you reheat your chipotle bowl?
If you were wondering how to reheat a burrito, I hope this article gives you an idea. Be vigilant and ensure that the insides of the burrito are cooked to 165 degrees. This is necessary. Additionally, you need to go around the reheating process, depending on the ingredients inside.